Gaming stages/periods

petefhhkj

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2009
Looking back at my gaming history, I seem to have had a few stages/periods, lasting > 4 months, in which I played/ favored a specific theme/category, i.e. (1st to last):

Fighting games: Tekken, toshinden, king of fighters, street fighter

Shooters: Duke nukem, quake

Final fantasy series

Stealth: metal gear solid, manhunt

Lately I seem to be enjoying platform games: jak and daxter, pitfall, and the beautiful mario galaxy.

My question is: does this happens with you (having stages)? If so, what were your stages up till now?

Yeah I think we all go through stages of gaming, especially while we are growing up. First I went through a platformer stage where I liked a lot of Mario/Sonic esque games. Then the sports game phase, I bought NBA Live and Madden religiously for about 5 years. Then I went through the RPG phase (after playing Tales of Symphonia) and that lasted for about 3 years. Now I'm in the FPS phase, but I think I'm pretty diverse at this point and that stage building gaming is over.

Not so much with me. Always been a fan of Mario, but at times when sport season is on I'll play a lot more Madden. lol

Not so much with me. Always been a fan of Mario, but at times when sport season is on I'll play a lot more Madden. lol

Yeah, even though I had an interest in Sports games I really don't like them anymore. After a while they just get boring, same thing year after year.

Back