Games which make you SWEAT

Vascariz

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2009
Hi All!

Just thought what GAMES (sorry WiiFit type programs don't qualify as a game to me!) make you sweat?

Wii Tennis seems a good one. Not sold on Wii Boxing (is Don King any good, found with Wii Boxing you could not really chain any combos!).

Games like Super Mario Galaxy although using motion controls, do they make you sweat or just a little bit more action than using a classic control.

Thanks!

The only game that really makes me sweat is Guitar Hero on the drums.

It gets tiring pounding on 5 circles for a couple minutes.

>.< not a fan of guitar hero. It's fun but not something I want to invest in!

i think i might have broke a litle sweat with wiifit. but the fireplace is right next to me when i played this winter.

does that count?

The only games that ever made me sweat were Wii Fit (you're not interested), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Lots of pressure from that game. :lol:

Super Mario Galaxy dont make me sweat it makes me Sick all dizzy and feel like im gonna upchuck :)

Are you looking for something to burn calories, or just something that requires a lot of movement? Wii Sports Boxing can give you a workout, even though the game itself isn't too responsive to the actual punches you try to throw.

Wiifit may not be a game, but in addition to a regular exercise program, it can be an easy way to burn off some weight. 30 minutes of stepping at a pace about double the goal while watching TV gives me a light sweat, and its better than just sitting on the couch watching TV.

Outdoor Life is a real sweatstorm. (It's an activity/exercise type game played on the included dance-type pad, which also has some 2-player options.)

Don King Boxing is really good. It has a lot of workout exercises (many are analogous to playing Guitar Hero with your fists, throwing different punches/combos), plus regular matches and a story/career mode. Controls are good, and follow your actual punch/block movements. (The left jab with the nunchuk is a bit iffy, but twisting my fist clockwise a bit when I throw a jab--like in real life--helps.)

A note on Wii Sports Boxing: the controls for this game are NOT made to track actual punch movements. Instead, WSB has a GESTURE-based control system, where you tilt and twist and thrust the controllers in certain ways for the different punches. I wish Nintendo had made this clear in the game manual or somewhere. IMO they made a big mistake by not making the game controls more intuitive.

Ive broken a sweat playing wii sports quite a few times. Also resident evil 4 will make me sweat especially when you have to kill the regenerators! I have been through that game 3 times now and those regenerators still give me goosebumps!

Trust Me...If you really get into a game of PunchOut (i.e. standing and throwing actual punches), it will make you sweat. Especially recovering your health during a knockdown (simultanoesuly shaking the Wii remote and Nunchuck), but best of all its fun, and can give you a decent sweat.

I heard that Punchout is very good but whats the deal with the balance board to dodge the punches cus i dont have a balance board. i like ea sports active.

Last edited:
I heard that Punchout is very good but whats the deal with the balance board to dodge the punches cus i dont have a balance board. i like ea sports active.

You don't need the balance board to get a sweat out of PunchOut, like I said before all you have to do is stand up and throw real punches. Plus from what most reviewers say the balance board kills the experience due to unresponsive nature.

Back