gamespy said redsteel controls suck..i'm sad

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
"The biggest problem at this point, flat out, is that the game doesn't feel smooth enough for players to keep up with the onscreen enemies. It's difficult to turn around or make a quick turn to the left or right to get some shots off on someone before taking some slugs in the back. It seems to range from awkward to downright frustrating at times. That is, unlike, say, Metroid Prime 3, which enables quicker turning with some options adjustments, our Red Steel demo found us struggling to turn around after being shot, and finally, just plain dropping dead. We were told that a double whip of the Wii remote would steer us in the direction of fire, but it doesn't quite feel fast or intuitive enough at this point. We heard through the grapevine that the final product will have look sensitivity built in, and we certainly hope it's true."

...mannnn....i hope they have sorry opinions lol i really want to get this game, i mean i know mp3 is perfect cuz NINTENDO made it but damn :(

source..
http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/red-steel/733293p1.html

NeMeZyZ said:
...mannnn....i hope they have sorry opinions lol i really want to get this game, i mean i know mp3 is perfect cuz NINTENDO made it but damn :(
Actually, it's the second Party developer Retro studios, but it's still classed as a Nintendo Franchise because Samus and the Metroids (sounds like a band) are property of Nintendo.

EDIT: Actually, I've found that Nintendo owns exclusivity to Retro Studios making it a First Party game.

wikipedia said:
It is currently wholly owned by Nintendo (and is thus a first-party developer, rather than a second-party one as it once was), with over 50 employees.
Source

Interestingly, they're Retro Studios have only ever done Metroid Prime series. Their other titles got axed in favour of Metroid.
wikipedia said:
Games developed by Retro Studios

Nintendo GameCube
Action Adventure — (cancelled in favor of Metroid Prime)
Car Combat (Thunder Rally) - (cancelled)
Metroid Prime — (2002)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes — (2004)
NFL Retro Football - (cancelled)
Raven Blade — (cancelled in favor of Metroid Prime)

Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption — (in development, due in 2007)

But ye, I hope they have Red Steel sorted out for the release. It won't look good if Nintendo's biggest Third Party title is drastically sub-par.

Last edited:
I think they are talking about the E3 version of the game that was sub-par. And if you want to try Red Steel for yourself go to the Nintendo Fusion Tour unless you're not in the U.S. Although I'm not sure the final version will be there.

I use reviews as an extension of my opinion, like for the things that i didn't notice or try yet. I hope it will be a fun experience. IF it is true, i hope they have a sensitivity option.

Wii_Rulez said:
I think they are talking about the E3 version of the game that was sub-par. And if you want to try Red Steel for yourself go to the Nintendo Fusion Tour unless you're not in the U.S. Although I'm not sure the final version will be there.
DANG! I love Emery! I also quite like relient K but I really dont like hawthorn hieghts.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
they fixed the sucky controlls
don't worry guys they are talking about e3 version, they have revmapped the controls since then, besides have none of you seen that video the guys says they are great, wii will rock you remember

Hopefully they've had enough time to improve the controls. As far as I'm aware at the moment, the sword movements are still "canned" (i.e. you can only swing in certain ways), but apparently it's a lot more flexible than the version seen at E3.

Squall7 said:
EDIT: Actually, I've found that Nintendo owns exclusivity to Retro Studios making it a First Party game.

Still Retro Studios making the game, not Nintendo. Saying Nintendo made Metroid prime 3 is like saying Vivendi Universal Studios did World of Warcraft.

Summary: Nintendo only finances Retro Studios.

( Btw this is not directed to you squall as much as its directed to the kid who made the thread thinking nintendo makes all the games themselves)

yes major improvements have been made on the controls since E3, and graphics since E3, from the newest actual play reviews I've heard this is all very excellent right now. There is supposed to be sensitivity as to the turning controls, MP3 turning also sucked, you had only slow turns but now depending on how far to the side you move the camera moves faster the farther to the edge you go. hopefully red steel will have this also, have faith young padawan I'm sure Ubisoft will make it a great gaming experience, they always do.

Back