Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gamespy said redsteel controls suck..i'm sad

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by NeMeZyZ, Sep 23, 2006.

1. NeMeZyZ

NeMeZyZ Chapter .1

"The biggest problem at this point, flat out, is that the game doesn't feel smooth enough for players to keep up with the onscreen enemies. It's difficult to turn around or make a quick turn to the left or right to get some shots off on someone before taking some slugs in the back. It seems to range from awkward to downright frustrating at times. That is, unlike, say, Metroid Prime 3, which enables quicker turning with some options adjustments, our Red Steel demo found us struggling to turn around after being shot, and finally, just plain dropping dead. We were told that a double whip of the Wii remote would steer us in the direction of fire, but it doesn't quite feel fast or intuitive enough at this point. We heard through the grapevine that the final product will have look sensitivity built in, and we certainly hope it's true."

...mannnn....i hope they have sorry opinions lol i really want to get this game, i mean i know mp3 is perfect cuz NINTENDO made it but damn :(

source..
    http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/red-steel/733293p1.html

2. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Actually, it's the second Party developer Retro studios, but it's still classed as a Nintendo Franchise because Samus and the Metroids (sounds like a band) are property of Nintendo.

EDIT: Actually, I've found that Nintendo owns exclusivity to Retro Studios making it a First Party game.

Source

Interestingly, they're Retro Studios have only ever done Metroid Prime series. Their other titles got axed in favour of Metroid.
    But ye, I hope they have Red Steel sorted out for the release. It won't look good if Nintendo's biggest Third Party title is drastically sub-par.

#2 Squall7, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  3. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    meh.. i dont care about these reviews too much (unless IGN said it) i'll see how it is when i play it.

4. I_WANT_WII

I_WANT_WII TEH HAXXORS

Doesn't really matter to me, I likely will only get MP3 as far as FPS games go for teh wii. At least at the beggining of my wiidom

5. Wii_Rulez

Wii_Rulez Waluigi The Great

Wii Friend Code: 3498-5538-0554-5440
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    I think they are talking about the E3 version of the game that was sub-par. And if you want to try Red Steel for yourself go to the Nintendo Fusion Tour unless you're not in the U.S. Although I'm not sure the final version will be there.

6. Jakobthelyre

Jakobthelyre WiiChat Member

yeah jerks....

7. King Wiired

King Wiired HITLER ME JEZ

Wii Friend Code: 8756-4872-6334-8478
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I'll wait til i play it before I get depressed :) :lol:

8. NeMeZyZ

NeMeZyZ Chapter .1

yea good idea!

9. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    I use reviews as an extension of my opinion, like for the things that i didn't notice or try yet. I hope it will be a fun experience. IF it is true, i hope they have a sensitivity option.

10. I_WANT_WII

I_WANT_WII TEH HAXXORS

DANG! I love Emery! I also quite like relient K but I really dont like hawthorn hieghts.

11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    they fixed the sucky controlls

12. ratman

ratman The great Deku Tree

don't worry guys they are talking about e3 version, they have revmapped the controls since then, besides have none of you seen that video the guys says they are great, wii will rock you remember

13. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Hopefully they've had enough time to improve the controls. As far as I'm aware at the moment, the sword movements are still "canned" (i.e. you can only swing in certain ways), but apparently it's a lot more flexible than the version seen at E3.

14. Ashenshugar

Ashenshugar Banned

Still Retro Studios making the game, not Nintendo. Saying Nintendo made Metroid prime 3 is like saying Vivendi Universal Studios did World of Warcraft.

Summary: Nintendo only finances Retro Studios.

( Btw this is not directed to you squall as much as its directed to the kid who made the thread thinking nintendo makes all the games themselves)

15. ghghgh14702

ghghgh14702 Hero of Time

yes major improvements have been made on the controls since E3, and graphics since E3, from the newest actual play reviews I've heard this is all very excellent right now. There is supposed to be sensitivity as to the turning controls, MP3 turning also sucked, you had only slow turns but now depending on how far to the side you move the camera moves faster the farther to the edge you go. hopefully red steel will have this also, have faith young padawan I'm sure Ubisoft will make it a great gaming experience, they always do.

16. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    A tweak in controls is the smallest problem concidering the hurdles they needed to leap to get a game like that off the ground. The final version will be nothing less than stellar. THat Fusion tour is coming to two places right by me... hmmm If I have off of work I might just have to go.

17. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

So... it's still okay to fap to Red Steel?

18. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Right now, this is the only barrier holding me back from getting Red Steel. Hopefully they will see Metriod Prime 3, or someone could right them a letter. *COUGH* i0n *COUGH* or GoNintendo could ask their nintendo rep to contact them to get MP3 expert style controls. =]

19. Ryuhi

Ryuhi Nintendo Henchman

The first screenshots of the TP Twilight world was linear with it's black and white-ness.. but interesting. With the extra time the world was completely revamp'd it to be the marvelous sci-fi type world. Same applys with Red Steel. Eyes to the future to see what they will change about the game. =D

20. DavidBeoulve

DavidBeoulve Father of four Wii kids

I am positively NOT getting Red Steel unless reviews rave about it. It seriously looks like it could bomb. I do not recommend it as a release title, and I used to recommend (or dissuade) games quasi-professionally.