Sadness Info:

Homicidal_Gamer

Yay I'm dead!
Jul 21, 2006
Over the Stars
“Sadness is a novelty on the video games market. Both the story and the presentation of the game is going to be a surprise for a player. You must forgive us the fact that we present so scarce information about Sadness, but we hope that once you play it you will understand our circumspection. We do not wan to spoil the fun” – says Adam Artur Antolski, one of the scriptwriters.

Despite reluctance to reveal the plot Nibris gave examples of games which had come influence on concept design of Sadness. Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Planetscape: Torment, ICO, Phantasmagoria – these titles had some influence on the way of thinking about Sadness.

Currently presented artworks show a number of monsters from Slavic legends. What is interesting Nibris says we might not encounter all of them in te game – everything will depend on the way of playing and choices of the player.

The information presented so far give a foretaste of a title unique not only in Nintendo games portfolio, but games in general. Let us remind that Sadness is to be a gothic horror in a convention of noir movie. The game is going to be completely black and white! The style goes towards photorealism which is to increase the realism of the game atmosphere. The plot is going to cover the events from before the outbreak of World War I. The location of the events is mostly Ukraine.

Nibris adds another significant detail – Sadness is not going to have any Menu. “We aim at completely intuitive behaviour of the player – just as in life. Every choice a player makes is essential – if you experience traumatic events in your life, they are in you all the time. The same is going to be with Sadness. We want the player feel he participates in events, not only a game” . The game will also have a saving system which is going to be invisible for a player. Operations by Wii controller are going to be completely intuitive.

CLICK!

This article had some nice little info, sadly we still dont know much on this exclusive Wii title, and there has still been no gameplay shown, perhaps in a month or two we will get a lot of new info and perhaps a trailer on this game.

-Homicidal_Gamer

since there will be no menu, does this mean that you can only have one character going at one time?

Sounds strange, by no menu do they mean no pausing in the middle of the game, like real life, or no menu so when u start up the game it goes straight to ur file w/ no options.

Since it said it was influenced by Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Planetscape: Torment, ICO, Phantasmagoria, does this mean they will be exactly like them?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! SUCH FEW ANSWERS! ARRGH!!

im thinking theres no menu when you first start up the game. it wouldnt be very good if you were being attacked and couldnt open up a pause menu when you needed to leave.

ssbb_lover said:
Sounds strange, by no menu do they mean no pausing in the middle of the game, like real life, or no menu so when u start up the game it goes straight to ur file w/ no options.

Since it said it was influenced by Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Planetscape: Torment, ICO, Phantasmagoria, does this mean they will be exactly like them?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! SUCH FEW ANSWERS! ARRGH!!

Well I already know much of this but to answer your question here it goes...

You can pause in the game but thats it... just PAUSE, no menu no weapon selection nothing just PAUSE!...

It wont have a Menu at the beggining either, you start your Wii and then as you leave it it will be like if you have never leave... in other words you start the wii and then you are in the game without needing a menu.

To make it more real it will save like most of the online games, like 3 seconds each moment will save, so you dont need really a saving point.

Well, I hope I answered all your questions and Im tired of writing :D

Arcadium said:
Well I already know much of this but to answer your question here it goes...

You can pause in the game but thats it... just PAUSE, no menu no weapon selection nothing just PAUSE!...

It wont have a Menu at the beggining either, you start your Wii and then as you leave it it will be like if you have never leave... in other words you start the wii and then you are in the game without needing a menu.

To make it more real it will save like most of the online games, like 3 seconds each moment will save, so you dont need really a saving point.

Well, I hope I answered all your questions and Im tired of writing :D
i still dont know if you can have more than one file to play as. like if your friend wanted to play but couldnt start at the begining because you were already half way through

wow, this sounds sweet. I hope its finally the mature game that will pull nintendo out of its "kiddy" hole. don't get me wrong, I love the "kiddy" type of nintendo, but some other people might not like it. And that audience barely plays nintendo, thus affecting their sales....I think...

I think when they say there is no menu, they just mean no onscreen health bar, ammo bar, map, etc. A start-up screen when you first put in the game is almost a guarantee and maybe a reticle but that's all. When you pause, you will most likely have the ability to change controller, sound settings, and whatnot because different players have different preferances and they know that. Low health will be illustrated by your character staggering and limping and then maybe some visual effects of nausia. Your gun may have like a transparent ammo clip, or a little display on it, like Halo does with the shotgun.

I'm pretty sure The Getaway: Black Monday strived for the same thing, but it was a bit annoying because it was driving-based and the only way you knew which way to turn was when your turning signal just suddenly started blinking and so you'd turn the corner and to get a map, you paused the game and scrolled through a big map.

I think, however that a horror game would work better with no menu because it would be suspensful and would feel more real.

That's my guess.

Last edited:
motherbrainrulez said:
what about if the remote runs out of juice?
Sorry, but what would that have to do with anything??

I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, I'm just saying I don't know what you're talking about.

The wii is all about innovation and new experiences in gaming, so don't start being skeptical just yet! Nintendo knows what they're doing, just have some faith. No one knows about this game yet, and I don't think we will until we get to experience it hands-on. I am uber excited!

Back