The Nintendo Wii's Four Darkest Games of 2008

Secumfex said:
Hmmm Baroque and Fragile don't really seem to fit into the list.
They just seem to be Japanese RPG styled games, that don't really focus on a dark, scary athmosphere. But I haven't hearded any deeper information on the titles and therefore I'll just wait and see, wether my predictions are correct or not.

Fatal Frame seems to be much more of that horror based game. But it sounds like it's more the Adventure type of a game... But since Suda51 is part of the developers, I have no doubts that this game will be decent.

Sadness... Well... I really don't know anything about this game, since there are no news on it. Still, I have my hopes up for it, this may become a brilliant title... or not...

I believe that fatal frames 4 is an adventure game. I insure, even though its being published by nintendo, it will be a real horror game.

All four of these sound pretty interesting. The Wii definitely needs a more expanded library with games like these. No More Heroes was a good start, but it wasn't really 'dark', more like 'obscene' and 'offensive', while being fairly goofy. I dug it, but some more moody and mature games like these are just what doctor mario ordered. Wa-ha...
I rememeber when Eternal Darkness came out for the GC, everyone was like "finally! The GC is getting more adult/mature", and aside from RE4, that was pretty much the end of it.
Wii needs to address every type of gamer out there, and not just with their mouths, but with their GAMES! I'll be eagerly awaiting these titles to see if they're as cool as they sound.

Sadness sounds great I can't wait for it :3
Deadly Creatures from THQ looks like a good one too we'll see if they live up to my expectation w

Baroque looks like it's destined to flop. It looks like another cheesy Japanese RPG with nothing new or unique to offer.

Fragile looks like it could be good, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this game.

Fatal Frame could be great if there is a primary focus (like 90% focus) on puzzles and exploration, with little emphasis on "combat". Seriously, a camera as a weapon? But as long as it has great puzzles and is uber scary and creepy, it should be good.

As for Sadness, it'll either be one of the most unique, revolutionary, and best games in a LONG time...or it'll be a complete flop. If it ever comes out, that is. Let's hope for the former.

I'll definitely purchase Fragile and Baroque. Braoque is a remake of a Dreamcast game. I like how it has random dungeons and it has a very dark and twisted art-style. Fragile also looks very unique and has beautiful music from what I have heard on the official web-site.

Fatal Frame 4 has serious potential as it is being developed by grasshopper.

Last edited:
ahhhh I'm so glad we're finally getting some new news on Sadness. The teaser that Nibris put out made me want to go make the damn game myself.....it looked real cool.

But all in all Im glad to see the Wii reaching out to different audiences....I knew the wait would be worth it. Sucks for you clowns who sold your Wiis.

Yeah I'm quite pleased that they decided to release different style games at last, could attract more customers who like them kind of games.

If Sadness comes out, you can bet your stone cold ass (Yeah thats right) im buying it.

Fatal Frame also sounds good.

Baroque was an amazing game and I WILL have this game on its release.

makes me want to find my Diablo boot disc. Love random generated dungeons, eat that walk thru assisted FF fan boys

Was an amazing game? was it on an earlier console?

is a remake of a sega saturn game released in japan also a japan only PSX title I believe. not available on dreamcast as previously stated.

Back