Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow*91

Not Here
Jan 26, 2009
Another site.
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
there was an old thread like this but it died out way long ago. so i'm bringing in a new one cause of all the new members.

so what are your opinions on gay marrige and just gay rights in general?
btw, any rude comments will be deleted by the mods

yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?

yeah thats my opinion to. i don't relly get why people are opposed to this. states all around the country are allowing it yet you still get all this fierce opposition. why though? whats actually wrong with it?

I haven't been following it closely, but it seems like most of the extreme opposition has to do with religion.

I think what is "wrong" with the gay marriage idea for the opposition is that marriage practices in the US are religion-based...and that basis observes male-female unions and not same-sex ones. There is probably more to it than that, though, but I think that's the big one.

Last edited:
I see absolutely no good reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry.
Confused kids?
"Dadies witch ones mumy?"
If singles can raise kids, gay couples should be able to do fine.
Well there are a lot of kids that will probably get a better upbringing with parents that will give a toss what they do all-day, but that's a kinda off topic route for conversion.
Still think the kid will be wondering why he has no mother.

Well unless one of them is a transvestite.

I haven't been following it closely, but it seems like most of the extreme opposition has to do with religion.

I think what is "wrong" with the gay marriage idea for the opposition is that marriage practices in the US are religion-based...and that basis observes male-female unions and not same-sex ones. There is probably more to it than that, though, but I think that's the big one.

You're right, the opposition is almost entirely from a religious viewpoint.

I am a religious person and do believe that marriage is an institution created by God for a man and a woman.

HOWEVER -
man's laws cannot change what God considers marriage to be. Even if it's legal everywhere, that makes no difference to God. After all, there are TONS of other things that are perfectly legal that go against God's standards. So it makes no difference to me if it's legal or not, it's not like I'm going to be forced to marry someone of the same sex, so why should I force my views on others? I will do my best to live according to God's will and I will help others to do the same if that is their desire. Man's laws are irrelevant.

You're right, the opposition is almost entirely from a religious viewpoint.

I am a religious person and do believe that marriage is an institution created by God for a man and a woman.

HOWEVER -
man's laws cannot change what God considers marriage to be. Even if it's legal everywhere, that makes no difference to God. After all, there are TONS of other things that are perfectly legal that go against God's standards. So it makes no difference to me if it's legal or not, it's not like I'm going to be forced to marry someone of the same sex, so why should I force my views on others? I will do my best to live according to God's will and I will help others to do the same if that is their desire. Man's laws are irrelevant.
But the thing is, we don't really know what God considers marriage to be (assuming he exists). Maybe he actually does want gays to be able to get married, and the major religions all got it wrong?

But the thing is, we don't really know what God considers marriage to be (assuming he exists). Maybe he actually does want gays to be able to get married, and the major religions all got it wrong?

Ok, I should have elaborated: God's standards as explained in the Bible

Ok, I should have elaborated: God's standards as explained in the Bible
You mean the same Bible that condones slavery and demands the death penalty for working on the Sabbath?

ok, we prolly shouldnt get oof topic in an epic bible/god debate.

I dont really care if gays marry or not. I dont see any reason they shouldnt, then again i dont see any real reason why they would want to... other then sentimental reasons i guess? idk. i can see why they would want it, and why they wouldnt. their choice. my girlfriends bio dad is gay, and married. i dont have a problem with it.

there was an old thread like this but it died out way long ago. so i'm bringing in a new one cause of all the new members.

so what are your opinions on gay marrige and just gay rights in general?
btw, any rude comments will be deleted by the mods

Gay people can do whatever they prefer. I know gays from my school, and they don't bother me. I would never agree to 'be' gay, but if my 'gay' friend treats me like a 'friend' instead of something sexual, I have no problem with them. So let them marry if they want to.

hey if a man likes a man let there be marriage! but what about a lady liking a lady? hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back