GDC 2007: "The Wii is a Piece of Sh*t!"( article inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where he's coming from.

But, Wii games aren't generally the shooters, etc that people want. They are the adventure games, party games, etc. Look at what's selling! Multiplayer, family action/adventure titles for the Wii.

Rayman Raving Rabbids, (Wii Sports!), Wii Play, etc. I bet Tiger Woods Golf will go well.

Eventually: Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Party... Goombas coming toward you aren't difficult to program -- these games are meant to make people enjoy them.

That being said, this guy needs a life. A 750MHz PPC CPU is more than enough for "complicated AI". Drop a few textures.

His comment about art isn't really well thought out. Art comes in many forms not just graphical art. Some people may consider paintings a form of art, other may consider music a form of art, some call mathematical equations a form of art and others find innovation is a form of art. What makes something artistic is not just the graphical category.

For example I still to this day consider Star Craft and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory SvM to be the two greatest works of art in games. Star Craft because of it's story-line and design and Splinter Cell because of the sheer innovative approach taken to stealth action multiplayer. Neither of these games have great graphics by today's standards but to me they are still works of art.

Just because the Wii isn't pushing "artistic" in the graphical sense doesn't mean what they are doing isn't a form of art. To me it's really innovation that makes things artistic to me and from my view the Wii is by far the most innovative of the consoles. What he may feel is not art can be art in a different way then he sees it.

Shadeballs said:
How did I counter my own statement?
you said art is int he eye or whatever
and then you went on to say its a masterpeice and more fun

hecker..........he hurt my wii's feellings. who care if nintendo doesn't make serious games that's what makes the Wii so fun or should I say all nintendo console are. they talk about the wii like as if it has nothing good to give, well he's wrong. PS3 is a piece of ****, I saw a guy on youtube destroy his with a freakin chainsaw, a freakin chainsaw, what the hells with that.
Specs of the wii are:
well made and affordable
fun games
cheap accersoires(cost wise)
and cheap cheap games(games)
well and the fact of nintendo presenting something unique that Sony or Microsoft will never achieve.

YA sure maybe the other consoles have the graphics on there side but F@#$ them they don't have to dis a system becuase of some little flaw, F*** you Hecker

Sincerly Wiitastic Master

(p.s): SONY YOU SUCK THE BAG, BIG TIME, IF SOMEONE CUTS UP A 700 DOLLAR MACHINE THAT MEANS YOU JUST SUCK.

I'll close this board. Nothing but flamebait and a place for arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back