wii for $170? more buzz on this, read on...

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
that the Wii would retail for $170. Now a big wig at Electronic Arts has thrown his two cents into the discussion, and it seems he concurs with the Japanese firm.

Speaking with GamesIndustry.biz, David Gardner, executive VP and COO of EA's worldwide studios, said, "I've heard in Japan that the price is about $170, but I don't know if the price has been set in Europe yet."

It is unclear whether or not Gardner is commenting directly on Nikko Citigroup's financial report, or if there is other evidence supporting this price model he's referring to. Calls to EA were not returned as of this writing.

Gardner also echoed comments made by Xbox boss Peter Moore at this year's E3 that the Wii will be many consumer's second next-gen console. "Nintendo has come up with a very clever strategy," said Gardner. "They've made a choice which is great for the consumer. Now we're going to have a choice whereby consumers can buy a Wii plus one other console."

money never exactly translates through markets. very often there is $30 discrepency in pricing translations between regions. most often japan gets cheapest, and uk pays the most, with us being snug in the middle.

I would like to pay as little as possible but I don't like the ideal of it being so cheap if this is true. I think it might make people think since it is so cheap it is not good. It seems smrter to have it be 200 at the lowest...

ok two things 1 in japan they use yen not dollars and secondly this has been posted before like numerous of you you threads so please wearch before you statr a thread just to increase your post count it is stupid

Back