General Forum Suggestions

Heres a /r/ thats easy to do

Some stickys in the intro lounge with links to the Freind code thread, hardware lounge and online section

Reison -
See some intro threads
They are askin for help from the off and if there guided to the right place they might get help faster

Edit -
Also a sticky in the VC part sayin NOT to ask for people to send you VC games
Where getin new people signing up and askin on there first post

Last edited:
An idea just struck me.
A WiiChat talk show?

Could be done in the board games, so it can stay off topic or whatever, and doesn't raise the post count.

Could be done in an interview style I guess, if we were to bring it back much like the ones Syntax did awhile ago. All we need is a host, and someone to talk with. One of the things though that the person being interviewed needs to do is plug something, much like real celebs do on other talk shows. So they can plug Wii or other gaming related news in the form of rumors, release dates etc.

Talk show could be done or put up at anytime, but would make it a certain type. Put up late.."Late Night", put up early.."Early Show/Morning Show" etc.

I'm done now :lol:

From my earlier topic

This site needs maybe a News subforum in the lounge for world news and discussion upon them. The lounge seems slightly packed with issues that could bump important world ones out of the way, not sure how many members care about world issues but it's a thought.

Oh, god, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. On one of my other forums they have monthly awards that they give out to members. It would be so awsome if WiiChat did this. The best part is that we don't need i0n to do it either, just make a 'monthly awards' sticky in the Lounge. Its basically just for a laugh; people can either write 'Voted Best Poster for January 2008' or we could even have someone make up a quick image to put in their sig. And FYI, the awards are voted on by the MEMBERS each month.

Here are a few examples, I can get a full list if you guys dig this idea.

Most Influential Poster
Most Random Poster
Best Post [Must give specific post]
Voted Most Likely to take part in Cyber
Funniest Poster

etc. etc. etc.

Now I've got myself all worked up and I'm really hoping this ends up happening.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Oh, god, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. On one of my other forums they have monthly awards that they give out to members. It would be so awsome if WiiChat did this. The best part is that we don't need i0n to do it either, just make a 'monthly awards' sticky in the Lounge. Its basically just for a laugh; people can either write 'Voted Best Poster for January 2008' or we could even have someone make up a quick image to put in their sig. And FYI, the awards are voted on by the MEMBERS each month.

Here are a few examples, I can get a full list if you guys dig this idea.

Most Influential Poster
Most Random Poster
Best Post [Must give specific post]
Voted Most Likely to take part in Cyber
Funniest Poster

etc. etc. etc.

Now I've got myself all worked up and I'm really hoping this ends up happening.

I brought this up a while back but it got shot down. People liked idea but nothing happened.

Nice to see bringing back to see if it'll change, nice award ideas. I think this will be a good idea but potentially cause problems. People vote for friends.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I brought this up a while back but it got shot down. People liked idea but nothing happened.

Nice to see bringing back to see if it'll change, nice award ideas. I think this will be a good idea but potentially cause problems. People vote for friends.
i remember that, twas awhile ago. though we could do without most random poster award to avoid any people like that one taco ****er who always talked about tacos.

I don't think it's a bad idea really, I just think more dedication needs to be put into it if it was shot down before.

I was assuming that the most random award would always be given to Prinny without needing to be voted on xD

So are you saying that all you guys needed was someone to take the initiative? Because I would be happy to get a thread going if a mod could sticky it.

I know who would win that cyber one >>

How about wiichat laughingstock?

Worst grammar-er (dyslexia not applicable)

This is how the list is looking so far, please post comments and additions:

Posting
Best Poster Of 2007:

Best Wii Forum Poster 2007:
Best Other Console Forum Poster 2007:
Best Entertainment Forum Poster 2007:
Best Off-Topic [Lounge] Forum Poster 2007:

Best Thread 2007:

General
Favorite Member 2007:

Most Annoying Member 2007:
Most Improved member of 2007:
Best Return Of 2007:
Biggest Loser Of 2007:
Best Newcomer Of 2007:
Biggest Drama Queen of 2007:
Most Influential Poster 2007:
Most Helpful Member 2007:

GFX
Best GFX Maker 2007:
Best Avatar 2007:
Best Signature 2007:

Staff
Best Staff Member Of 2007:
Most Helpful Staff Member Of 2007:

Gaming
Best Game 2007:
Best Company 2007:
Most Anticipated Game 2007:

2008 Predictions:
Who Will Be Banned In 2008:
Who Will Be Made Staff Member In 2008:
Who Will Return In 2008:

Last edited:
Okay new question, which sub-forums deserve their own award? Examples:

Best Nintendo Wii Chat Poster 2007:
Best Nintendo Wii Gaming Poster 2007:

etc. etc. etc.

However, I don't post everywhere. I think that popularity and diversity are equally important, but I don't know. Do the Wii Hardware/Online/VC sections have their own communities or is it basically the same people that post in Chat and Gaming? What about the Gamecube and NDS sections? Should each of the Lounges have their own sections?

This is all assuming that I'm allowed to go through with this. Someone help :sick:

List [from a few posts up] is updated, post comments and suggestions for additions.

I'm half tempted to make a 'best section 2007' to create a war between the brawl section and the pokemon section.

Back