General Image Thread

SdTgN87.png

Oh. So that's what the dev meant by sci-fi fantasy.

35jzfrl.jpg

There's a reason they tried to censor us. But it doesn't really matter in single player.

Nah, its still the same
Popular people have always been influential

Surely you jest. IGN and other professional gaming sources at the very least have a formal ethics policy. A contract of sorts which restricts how down and dirty they can get without receiving flak. There was a whole fiasco with that near the end of 2014 with Kotaku and a bunch of other journalists who had to update said policies. PDP is just some Youtuber with no such obligations. Movie reviews usually have posters with "5 stars" or some short quip from professional sources and video games follow suit with "10/10 like Skyrim with guns". PDP's popular enough that people will listen, despite that he doesn't seem to abide by an established ethics policy. Apparently, the advert guys have taken notice. He can say what he wants without worrying much over it while the common gaming journalists has their own system for scoring a game.

10945556_922030071164300_4833010154012599465_n.jpg

Teaching her the meaning of "Kill the bastards"

Surely you jest. IGN and other professional gaming sources at the very least have a formal ethics policy. A contract of sorts which restricts how down and dirty they can get without receiving flak. There was a whole fiasco with that near the end of 2014 with Kotaku and a bunch of other journalists who had to update said policies. PDP is just some Youtuber with no such obligations. Movie reviews usually have posters with "5 stars" or some short quip from professional sources and video games follow suit with "10/10 like Skyrim with guns". PDP's popular enough that people will listen, despite that he doesn't seem to abide by an established ethics policy. Apparently, the advert guys have taken notice. He can say what he wants without worrying much over it while the common gaming journalists has their own system for scoring a game.
Even so, critics have different opinions and most don't agree
People will trust a celebrity more than an expert (both of which should be taken with a grain of salt)
Even worse when they are both a celebrity and an expert

What matters is your own opinion. Praise the sun for being able to watch other people who'll take a potential bullet for a hyped up game. If it weren't for YouTube, I definitely would have skipped the Wonderful 101/Shovel Knight. Or even worse, I would've picked up Destiny/AC:Unity.

All reviews and scores are grains of salt.
-----------------------

People been talking about how much better Palu-tuna/StarGirl is than Zamus.
Well, this is all I got to say...

179.png

xenobladexstream.jpg

Japan will be streaming some gameplay this Friday.

All reviews and scores are grains of salt.

Except that metacritic is highly influential in the gaming industry, which can decide which features will be included in games, to whether or not a sequel will be made, etc. Devs can and do check feedback as do publishers. So reviews and scores are less grains and more like salt mines in a world where salt is the best currency.

KRKanon said:
Well, this is all I got to say...

179.png

Fight me in real life you fargoth.

Last edited:
2ponjt3.png

I call BS!
----------------

Where would I find the stream?
----------------

Except that metacritic is highly influential in the gaming industry, which can decide which features will be included in games, to whether or not a sequel will be made, etc. Devs can and do check feedback as do publishers. So reviews and scores are less grains and more like salt mines in a world where salt is the best currency.
I don't care much for metacritic. Makes me sad the industry does. It should change. There's no true way to "fix" it though.

Fight me in real life you fargoth.
Err... How 'bout we just settle it in Smash?
I don't use Zamus at all though.

2ponjt3.png
I call BS!----------------Where would I find the stream?----------------I don't care much for metacritic. Makes me sad the industry does. It should change. There's no true way to "fix" it though.Err... How 'bout we just settle it in Smash?I don't use Zamus at all though.
Speaking of images, who made that ugly sig of yours Kanon? If it was you then no surprise.

Back