Getting out of Gamecube mode

pridkett

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
PA
I've got a collection of Gamecube games that I picked up for dirt cheap the other day. However, I'm a little baffled, because I can't find a way to get back to the Wii home screen from Gamecube stuff. As near as I can tell, the Wii remotes are deactivated in this mode, so the home button works. Ejecting the disc just tells me that the lid of the gamecube is open and that I need to put the disc back in.

Is the only way to get back to the Wii home menu with a reset or power cycle?

Here's my original question:

pridkett said:
Is the only way to get back to the Wii home menu with a reset or power cycle?

Here's your response:

Mmy said:
Press Reset.

As you can see, your response does not answer the question. I asked if the only ways to get back to the home menu after playing Gamecube games were reset and power cycle. Your response of saying "Press Reset", with the later "Duh", doesn't seem to do much to answer the question -- especially because I said you can press reset in my original post. Thanks for trying.

I'm looking to see if there are other ways. That is to say, if I'm playing game cube, have a wiimote at my side, and want to play virtual console games without getting up off the couch to press reset (or having to deal with the unit rebooting and seeing the warning message), is there something I can do using the wiimote and/or gamecube controller to get back to the home menu?

motherbrainrulez said:
i cant help you with this

Then why the hell post anything? Are you the kind of person (I guess you're still at school) who when the teacher asks a question you put your hand up and respond, "I don't know".

Sorry pridkett, as I don't own a Wii yet (UK) I can't help you, I just felt that the first response what so retarded that it needed picking up on.

I would suggest having a flip through the instruction booklet if you haven't already done so. If you are still 'stuck' after the UK launch, I'll have a look at my Wii and see if I can help.

Back