GH3 beginner!

Wii_mii_up

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2008
Ok I got gh3 for the wii on Saturday, and have enjoyed it very much. But I am stuck on raining blood on easy, on I think its the eighth gig. Just to let everyone know I am a beginner who has never played before. I was hoping for some people to give me some tips! Please be nice about this people even though, to you, raining blood will be the easiest song to you guys. But if possible, some tips would be nice so I can get better at it. Thanks!

PS: I am in Colorado right now for spring break but coming back Sunday! So I will try the tips then!

- Wii_mii_up

Play Through the Fire and the Flames on expert. It'll put hair on your chest.

don't listen to clark, you wont be able to do that for a WHILE. I still can't, well sometimes.

First memorize the note chart, then make sure you get both star powers that appear, so that you can use it later on. Once you get both and you get to the part you usually lose. Use star power around the yellow redish line, once near that use star power, and keep hitting notes. Star power will almost ALWAYS save you. then try to get the next two star powers and save them for the flood.

Actually, raining blood isnt the easist song for me, even on easy, the easiest song for me is on hard mode, i forget what its called. but its the ONLY song i can get 100% on, i can't get 100% on easy mode!

Last edited:
Yea slayer is a rough song and there are only 4 total star power opportunities in the entire song that I remember which makes it really tough. I stopped playing gh3 awhile ago when my roommate got rockband and I hadn't beat Slayer or the Final Battle on Expert. I picked it up last week over spring break because my roommate took RB home and I was able to beat raining blood and the battle pretty easily. It felt pretty good lol

I'm a beginner as well and got GH3 about 2 weeks ago. I'm also on the last level and have only tried (and beat) the Metallica song (on easy). Its been loads of fun so far. I sure hope sometime this year they'll be able to have DLC.

balrogs.pa said:
don't listen to clark, you wont be able to do that for a WHILE. I still can't, well sometimes.

First memorize the note chart, then make sure you get both star powers that appear, so that you can use it later on. Once you get both and you get to the part you usually lose. Use star power around the yellow redish line, once near that use star power, and keep hitting notes. Star power will almost ALWAYS save you. then try to get the next two star powers and save them for the flood.

Actually, raining blood isnt the easist song for me, even on easy, the easiest song for me is on hard mode, i forget what its called. but its the ONLY song i can get 100% on, i can't get 100% on easy mode!

Yeah but the beginning is where I have the most trouble with! I wouldn't have star power at that point! Any tips?!

Last edited:
waxen said:
how about practicing that song on slow or slower to get used to the note combination?
That's a good plan! Anything else?

I dont think you can! Just do it on your own, cheatings for noobs, no offense!

havnt played this game in ages, but yeah im an expert player i can do dragon force, so yeah i just keep playing the song analyzing the pattern till i get it right. that and look for songs with similar note patterns in it. it helps.

Raining Blood is very hard for me, I can't even do it for Easy. Well I barely can't do it for Easy. I'm on Hard at the moment, and I am Very Stuck. I'm on the third part, you know, with When You Were Young as the first song. I did When You Were Young, but now I can't do the rest of them! I love Rock You Like A Hurricane, I didn't get that far yet though. Maybe I should practise it so I get the hang of it, but I can't yet, my mom is still working and if I do play GH3 right now, I would disturbe her. I will play it soon though.

Back