Ghost Squad - Wii Exclusive

Warrior

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Ghost squad is a FPS that has been ported from an arcade light gun machine, to the Wii, exclusivley.

Interview with the developer
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/794/794454p1.html

Screens
http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/903/903769/imgs_1.html

They say it will be coming to Euriope and America "holiday 2007" s im guessing he meant in the summer...

As for the screenshots, they are looking kinda shabby. And they are quite recent ones too. Sort of, counter strike with some adjustments. Look at the bomb on the second page of the screens, thats poor even for gamecubes standards.

Hopefully these will improve. Oh and did i mention? It will include online play, which should be fun.

Does anyone have any other news on this game? Whats your views?

I'm not too much into these rail shooters. It's TOOOOOOOO linear if you ask me. I wanna be free. I'm a birdah!

is it a rail shooter for wii too? ahhh thats crap...but hey...online play..

Warrior said:
Ghost squad is a FPS that has been ported from an arcade light gun machine, to the Wii, exclusivley.

Interview with the developer
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/794/794454p1.html

Screens
http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/903/903769/imgs_1.html

They say it will be coming to Euriope and America "holiday 2007" s im guessing he meant in the summer...

As for the screenshots, they are looking kinda shabby. And they are quite recent ones too. Sort of, counter strike with some adjustments. Look at the bomb on the second page of the screens, thats poor even for gamecubes standards.

Hopefully these will improve. Oh and did i mention? It will include online play, which should be fun.

Does anyone have any other news on this game? Whats your views?
you just made a total oxymoron
if its out on wii and arcades, its not exclusive, if its being ported, its not exclusive.

graphics probably wont improve, so dont count on it.

and also, rail shooters and FPSs are kinda different, even though rail shooters like this are technically FPSs, in the gaming world, they arent considered FPSs.

Sovieto said:
you just made a total oxymoron
if its out on wii and arcades, its not exclusive, if its being ported, its not exclusive.

graphics probably wont improve, so dont count on it.

and also, rail shooters and FPSs are kinda different, even though rail shooters like this are technically FPSs, in the gaming world, they arent considered FPSs.

When i said exclusive i meant its not on PS3/Xbox 360. Games console and arcade are kinda difeerent things arent they?

Warrior said:
When i said exclusive i meant its not on PS3/Xbox 360. Games console and arcade are kinda difeerent things arent they?
they are very different
but exclusive means only available on 1 thing.

but im glad its not coming to 360/ps3 anyways, even though it probably couldnt if it tried.

yeah, im looking forward to online play though. the Wii's first shooter online :) but i think ill rent it first.

Sovieto said:
they are very different
but exclusive means only available on 1 thing.
Exclusivity in this case refers to the specific console that it is being ported to. This is why games such as Halo, or Halo 2, are Xbox exclusives, yet they have PC ports.

Flip said:
Exclusivity in this case refers to the specific console that it is being ported to. This is why games such as Halo, or Halo 2, are Xbox exclusives, yet they have PC ports.
once a game is ported it isnt exclusive anymore to anyone.

Doesn't look that impressive imo. Plus I think RE: UC will outsell it.

Is it a port? Or is it a sequel that heads to the Wii instead of an Arcademachine?

Eh.... The only time I'd consider buying a Rail shooter for the Wii would be if

(A) It has a unique tilt, like co-op or something. Imagine repelling into a building while shooting people, while your friend is outside sniping people and can cycle between 2 or 3 different snipers.

(B) It is cheap, like RE 4. ($29.99)

That's what I'm doing with RE:UC anyway, I'll wait until some disappointed gamer, (there'll be lots) finds out this is just a rail shooter, beats it, and sells it to EB Games. Then I'll pick it up for a good $25.

"Rail Shooters" don't have to be bad games. Look at Time Crisis, it's awesome! What we do need though is a gun attachment to make it as good. Once we have that these games can really shine. Imagine Point Blank or something on the Wii too - wicked!

the thing that were all missing is th best part. its online. (which obviously wont be on rails)

It doesn't look that bad to me, online aspect hopefully will be decent.
I'll check it out.

Back