Giant Screen + Sensor Bar = flaky?

snowKFH

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
So... currently I have my Wii set up at my parent's house - the 'screen' is actually a projector on the celing that shoots onto the wall...

now, the area i'm playing on is ginormous, and i've done my best to attach the wii sensor to the wall right at the center/bottom of the screen...

however, playing Super Monkey Ball, lots of the controls are kind of flaky - for instance games like the one where you catch the bananas, or darts - you lose your cursor very quick.

Now, the problem i suppose could be one of two things... either we suck at those games... or there's some way to calibrate the sensor bar to the giant screen that i don't know about.

or maybe i just suck at positioning.

any suggestions?

hmm, i dont know about the screen or anything but i notice alot of the games in monkey ball take some getting used to, especially the darts game

There is a sensor bar calibration in the Wii settings menu. There are only a few sensitivity settings but it made a difference for me.

If you have been standing far from the wall, then try to put the sensor bar closer to yourself (rather than attaching it to the wall).

wall ...... bar ........ you

H
H
H
H .......... i
H .......... i .......... O
H .......... i .......... +
H .......... i .......... ^
H .......... i
H
H
H

Just make sure you and the bar are within 3~8 feets. Or if you are handy, try the DIY guide:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/7305-building-custom-sensor-bar.html?highlight=sensor

Last edited:
The effective range of the poinint device is only like 8 or 9ft, so if your farther away than that the pointing will go out on ya.

Or maybe you just suck at pointing, lol.

Some games have a calibration option (IE Zelda) which allows you to compensate for screen size. I don't have Super Monkey Ball, so you'll just have to search arround the options, since I don't know where it would be.

Back