Gold-plated component cables

Transfixed said:
This is retarted. Yeah Gold is the high-end conductor for AV signals, but umm......*cough* 111 DOLLARS?!?!?!

Not even CLOSE to worth it. These rich idiots are getting ripped off and dont even care. Uggh...

It is almost as retarded as your spelling of retarDed

Inspire said:
Gold is a conductor. A good conductor. This guy seems to think the gold gives it bling, but it's actually a purely functional feature. This it what happens to you when you fail science class in high school. Study. Graduate. Contribute to Society,

Actually gold is worst of a conductor than silver is. It has a higher density (19.3 g·cm−3) than silver does (10.49 g·cm−3). Which in turn, signals (both video AND audio) travel through silver much smoother and quicker than they do through metal. Pro audio and video NEVER use gold plated wires and for the reason I stated above.

WiiKyle said:
It is almost as retarded as your spelling of retarDed

Wow...you really serve an awesome purpose here, buddy. Pointing out one spelling error in my rushed response that I threw out there.
Good one. Now go continue your crusade in every other thread, against ALL the 12-year olds who can't spell for S#!T...
Because, if you haven't noticed: ALMOST NO ONE HERE CAN SPELL PROPERLY.
Good luck with that. :lol:

Actually, if you want to get technical about it, gold plating actually hurts (negligibly) transmission of information. Of course, it's too small to tell how much, but it actually causes a slight loss in cables, as does a change between any material. The only thing gold plating has going for it is corrosion resistance.

How many of you actually have composite cables that are visibly corroding? It's a gimmick.

SuperH said:
Actually, if you want to get technical about it, gold plating actually hurts (negligibly) transmission of information. Of course, it's too small to tell how much, but it actually causes a slight loss in cables, as does a change between any material. The only thing gold plating has going for it is corrosion resistance.

How many of you actually have composite cables that are visibly corroding? It's a gimmick.

Exactly what I was explaining.

Back