Golden Eye N64 on VC now or ever?

There's been no inducation that we'll see it any time soon. So, don't hold your breath for it. But, it would surprise me if we never see the game released onto the VC servers. As, supposively Nintendo is in talks with Rare.

But, a lot of threads have been made over this. I know you're new, but make sure you use the search function next time.

Last edited:
Rare can put their games on VC as mentioned on their own website. Golden Eye is James Bond, and I think Activision has held onto those rights the same way THQ won't let go of WWE. The problem is they want a cut in sales for a game they didn't make, just happened to pick up the liscense for the franchise later.

i think theres no hope i want it as well but rare is owned by microsoft and microsoft wont let it be released on the virtual console to check if a game might come out on the virtual console go to a rom site that doesnt let you download esa protected games if the game is protected it might be on the vc if it isnt it probably wont and goldeneye isnt

Probably not because Activision owns the license to James Bond and they would probably want a percent of the profit.

Back