Good fun. Way too easy...

Dude...the game is easy to get 60 stars and beat the final boss...but let me tell you it will be a challenge to get all 120 stars...

Sure it only takes 6 hours or so when you read nothing and fly threw the game. These kinds of games are for enjoyment and to complete all the tasks. If you wanna race, wait for Mario Kart ; )

FRuMMaGe said:
I've been a long-time fan of the Unreal Tournament series, since GOTY. So i've been deliberating on whether or not to get Unreal Tournament III for PC. Apparently it runs natively in Linux so that's a good positive, not having to use WINE.

Get it, it is definitely pushing Unreal Engine 3 to it's potential and the game is set to stun audiences with its awesome multiplayer again.

Now the wait begins for the deathball MOD!

Marioman said:
Dude...the game is easy to get 60 stars and beat the final boss...but let me tell you it will be a challenge to get all 120 stars...

I refuse to fight Bowser the third time until I get 120 stars. I think that makes the game better if you look at it that way.

I'm finding it reasonably difficult to be honest, it isn't that easy and it throws you into the action nearly right away. I think it would be very hard if you were a newbie to the Mario series...and let's face it, you do sound like a bit of a veteran, beating the game that quickly.

Oh and may I just add what will probably be a very unpopular opinion...I still think Twilight Princess and RE4 hold the title for best wii game.
Galaxy is still great though.

^ dude please edit instead of double posting.

I will definatly get this game, since it seems to be one of the nest looking games out for wii right now. Although I'm not frothing at the mouth for it, it is high on my list.

The sad fact is that epic-length games although seemingly perfect in concept for the hardcore fan, will grow stale and tiring after too long.
Take that into consideration along with the fact that wii is not only a "first console" for many gamers, but also the first in a long time for many who strayed from console gaming since way back in the day. So that perhaps may be a factor as to why wii titles are usually shorter than many hope, or seem easier than we anticipate.

The fact is that gaming has evolved from a hobby only known to young men back in the 80's, to a epidemic plague destroying our youth with a loyal die-hard cult following in the 90's, to a new form of cyber-athleticism and advertising in the new millenium. The industry is gaining quite a bit of clout in recent years. Drawing attention both from both desired and unwanted sources. You're going to have to accommodate the "noobs" to the playing field (they now come in all ages and tastes) and their desire for software that may seem too easy or short for your liking. But the sad thing is that with all this media buzz on gaming, developers are trying to rope in the new crowds since they know that we have high demands of them.

We want Brawl, or God Of War 3, or Halo, something that is of high quality. I can remember bak in the 32/64 bit era when i got so tired of Mario party titles being released and no SSB 2 or Mario 64 sequel. It was the first time I realized the sad truth that casual gamers were now the targeted audience and that my opinions or desires weren't as important as theirs since theirs made the companies more money.

Hopefully the gaming "fad" will wear down and the developers will realize once again (for the umteen-billionth time) that we the true gamers are what feed their families. We are what makes the successful. And like a loyal pet, you can ignore, abuse, and condemn us; but give us a little love and affection and it'll be all right again.

For now we have to be content with the things they offer us (like Moh:H2..no online voice support for "safety reasons" but in all other respects a great game for wi-fi) hopefully when the casual gamer gravy train slows down we will get the attention we deserve.

Back