Guitar Hero 'unable to read disk'.

etehpimp

WiiChat Member
Jun 20, 2009
Just bought GH for my Wii. When i press the disk page, it sais 'unable to read disk' and that i should 'troubleshoot'.

:(

I didnt buy my GH from my country so idk how i can get some guarentee back, is there something i need to fix?

Any suggestions/advice?

well, check to see if it's manufactured for the same region as your Wii. since the wii is not region free, and you got the game from out of country this would be the first thing on the trouble shooting check list.

if not, you're going to have to replace it with one that is for your region. Unless of course you've got your wii hacked/modded to be region free. If the game is the correct region then you've more than likely got a defective disc. This happened to me when I purchased Mortal Kombat vs. DCU for the 360, i had to exchange it about 3 times before I got a working disc, still don't know why since all the other games worked and the discs weren't scratched nor was the system dirty. Electronics are finicky that way.

In regards to how you can get a guarantee/refund/return or whatever, my suggestion would be at the very least see if you can track down some sort of support number or customer support for the company/store that you purchased it from.

If you can't remember the name of the store, or its too far to return to, you just may be out of luck.

:(

What if its not from the same region? I think thats the problem, my CD is PAL and my WII isnt.

Is there any way i can change this?

honestly there's real no way to change it other than selling your current one and buying the correct version, which im sure will cause you to incur extra costs but it's what must be done. you could also try one of the game trading sites that operate like swap-meets (don't have any to reference off hand at the moment), but that option might take longer than you're willing to wait.

another thing you can try, but one that i doubt will work, is call local video game stores and see if they're willing to do a simple exchange, or call Nintendo or the game companies that made it and see if they're willing to do the same thing. But like I said there's really a very poor chance of that happening.

im going to send a huge complaint to Virgin megastores in lebanon.

one of their ****ing sales people told me that this will work on NTSC and PAL.

God ****ing damn him, his employer, his job and his family. $180 on something i can not use/refund.

Back