HA i won a ds at a machine for £1

from wiki...

"...according to an operator's manual for the game, the approximate win per play ratio can be set as high as 1 in 800. On the last few levels the system appears to "cheat" by not stopping the moving block when the player pushes the button. These odds are maintained by a very short ‘sweet spot’ generated as the light is lit on and off faster than reflexes allow. This is to ensure the operator maximum profits."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacker_(game)

Yeah... of course. How else are they able to give thousands of dollars worth of prizes per week without suffering a profit loss.

Reminds me of 'the torment of tantalus' where tantalus is stuck and isolated on a lone island and because he is thirsty, he bends down to drink the water but never actually reaches it because it moves away from him. He reaches for the fruit but never grabs it because it raises the fruit away from him.'... He he 'tantalizing' prizes out there FTL!

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
OMGOSH!!!!!!!! I WON an IPOD from that machine! haha. i love those games.. o_O there so fun.. and do you know the one with the.. uhmm.. the red buttons.. your suppose to land on them.. and its really hard.. because there's only a few red buttons that your suppose to hit it on.. the rests are just clear bulbs.. yah heard of?

hah i won a 1gb ipod nano off one of those...

Sovieto said:
ooooo i thought that game was rigged
Stackers?
i can get to the last level all the time, is the trick on the last level to click the button when its a block before where you need to stack it? i ran out of money by the time i thought of that

That doesn't work, trust me.....It jumps two blocks when you do that. Or at least the one at the bowling alley I go to does.

i wont a ps2 by getting 5 strikes in a row at a bowling alley, The comp was who ever could get the most strikes in a row on the night.

Oh god I met that machine yesterday, it's so obviously rigged. I spent about $10-$20 on it. Every single frickin time I was on the last dot then it purposely goes one over no matter what I do. Then on my last $2 coin I pressed start and for some reason it automatically started to it put 1 in the right hand corner, then I lost on the next one. I hate that game. I shoulda just picked a $2 minor prize.

Any of you guys seen these in the US I've never seen one

"Ha"? Why? I've had my DS muuuuch longer.

I can never win anything on machines. There's an arcade in the bowling alley which just lets you win money (it's one of those slot things where you push 10p down and hopefully more money comes out of the bottom). It's really never ever worth it. So I just play Air Hockey.

Back