HAHAHAHA this is soo funny

jason416

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
8204-3159-3293-3808
u know the previous thread about "List of wii questions "?

Well i am greatfully tahnk that you convinced me to buy the lan adapter.

Now, this is my problem, i have a lan adapter and it coems with 5ft usb cable (useless for me becuase my router is at my dad's rooom.
My wii is at the living room and its really far away from the router.
and my internet usb is too short so my plan of changing back and forth is gone.

Where can i buy really long usb cable for my wii o_O?

Well, when you asked about online I said only buy the LAN adapter if your computer and Wii are within five feet of each other.

I am not sure if there is a longer cord, hopefully someone knows different.

CantGetAWii said:
Well, when you asked about online I said only buy the LAN adapter if your computer and Wii are within five feet of each other.

I am not sure if there is a longer cord, hopefully someone knows different.

Finalyl i brought my wii to my room with my crappy 1994 TV set -.-

I updated and turned on wii conenct 24,
after that, do i still need to plug my usb cord to my wii ? or do i still need to put it on because my news and weather ch wroks with out it o_O

Well for me, I have Ether throughout the walls of my home :) Jack in every room. But yes as for a Lan Adapter, if you want, Ethernet (Unshielded) cables can travel for 100ft without bleeding off signal. So its still an option maybe :p.

nxcmp said:
Well for me, I have Ether throughout the walls of my home :) Jack in every room. But yes as for a Lan Adapter, if you want, Ethernet (Unshielded) cables can travel for 100ft without bleeding off signal. So its still an option maybe :p.

so i can take off my usb cable and still go on online and stuff?

jason416 said:
so i can take off my usb cable and still go on online and stuff?

If you use the built in wireless for the Wii, or buy a USB LAN (Wired) adapter, if so I would recommend This. It is literally Plug and Play, just goto settings and select wired connection once you attach the LAN adapter with an active Ethernet cable. :thumbsup: (It's that simple if you use DHCP that is.) But keep in mind, you may need to tweak the last steps a bit, if your home network is diffrent.

I am assuming that your dad doesn't have a wireless router, they can be bad but it depends what brand you have. I have a linksys wireless one and I keep hearing bad things about it but I never been disconnected or kicked out of a game or anything like that, it goes pretty fast with me too. So if you don't want the hassle of having cables everywhere then tell your dad to buy a wireless router, belkin works good too.

yo
CantGetAWii

add me
i wanan see if message works

8204-3159-3293-3808

you can buy an ethernet cable up to 50 feet at most electronic stores (radio shack)

heymoe99 said:
bestbuy is expensive. if you can make your own, go to home depot. if you want to buy go to www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com

DO NOT buy USB extensions, they are way too expensive.

+1 on buying the cables from Newegg. I've bought tons of things from them, and they're great. The prices are WAY cheaper than any stores, especially Worst Buy (I hate that place with a passion).

Though, I'd just go with a wireless router rather than running a 50+ foot cable through my house (well, apartment in my case). The cost of a cable plus LAN adapter would be about the same as a good wireless router (the Linksys WRT54G is great at $50), but you don't have the pesky cables running everywhere. My connection has been just as stable and fast with my wireless router (the aforementioned Linksys) as with the Nintendo LAN adapter I used to use.

Silent-Sniper said:
Do a real ****ing title instead of a non descriptive one, for the love of god man your threads are...ARGH

Sorry ...

Atomheart said:
(I hate that place with a passion).

as much as people like the place, it really does suck. never have what i want and over priced. too bad the closest microcenter is an hour away...

Back