HAHAHAHA this is soo funny

thanks everyone.
I decided to get wifi usb adapter -.-
because i try to save money by getting lan adapter (30dollars) but it turned out i have to buy 50ft ethernet cable (50.00dollars) -.- so imma get 40.00dollar wifi one -.-

1. does wifi still works when my internet is wired?

yes it will work. it connects to your computer. basically your computer will be the "wireless router" (in short terms). your computer has to be on in order for it to work.

jason416 said:
thanks everyone.
I decided to get wifi usb adapter -.-
because i try to save money by getting lan adapter (30dollars) but it turned out i have to buy 50ft ethernet cable (50.00dollars) -.- so imma get 40.00dollar wifi one -.-

1. does wifi still works when my internet is wired?

Ummm...where do you shop for cables? Did you even check the linked websites. You can get 50 cables for about $10.

Actually, I went and did the work for you. It took a whole 30 seconds. Here's a 50 foot cable for $10.49 with the cost of shipping ($5.49 for the cable, $5 for shipping).

Wow. That was a hell of a challenge.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812117607

You also have the option of name brand Cat 6 cable for a $1 more.

Don't go with the USB Wifi adapter. It's junk. I've heard things about it being discontinued. Plus, it's a HUGE waste of electricity as you have to have your computer on to use it. If you're going to go wireless, you might as well just get a wireless router. The Linksys WRT54G is great and only costs $50, which is only $10 more than the cheesy USB dongle thing. Plus, with a router you can use other devices wireless, such as laptops and whatnot.

does the wii have gigabit on the lan adapter? cuz im going gigabit anyway in a few weeks (have router and switch). cat5e will go gigabit within 100m without losing packets. would the cat6 be worth it?

heymoe99 said:
does the wii have gigabit on the lan adapter? cuz im going gigabit anyway in a few weeks (have router and switch). cat5e will go gigabit within 100m without losing packets. would the cat6 be worth it?

Do you have a $1. If so, you might as well go for the Cat6.

heymoe99 said:
i'm not talking 6ft. i'm talking buying a spool of it.

Go to the Newegg link that I linked a few posts back. You can get 50 ft of generic CAT5 for $5.50, or 50 ft of name brand CAT6 for $6.50. I don't know what length you want, but I assume the difference in price stays about the same. Just go to the Newegg link and surf around.

Dorkfish said:
Just check your local walmart. I got a 20 footer for 11 bucks.

Or you can get 50 feet for $5.50 plus $5 shipping at Newegg. Twenty feet would be cheaper.

Atomheart said:
Go to the Newegg link that I linked a few posts back. You can get 50 ft of generic CAT5 for $5.50, or 50 ft of name brand CAT6 for $6.50. I don't know what length you want, but I assume the difference in price stays about the same. Just go to the Newegg link and surf around.

Or you can get 50 feet for $5.50 plus $5 shipping at Newegg. Twenty feet would be cheaper.

Mines like industrial protected stuff that wont rip after a week of use

Dorkfish said:
Mines like industrial protected stuff that wont rip after a week of use

You mean the cables you get at Wal-Mart? LOL!

Those cables at Newegg are fine. I've bought several from them; others have given them good reviews as well. My bet is that you didn't even look. Nice.

Atomheart said:
You mean the cables you get at Wal-Mart? LOL!

Those cables at Newegg are fine. I've bought several from them; others have given them good reviews as well. My bet is that you didn't even look. Nice.

Lol, who uses ethernet cables any more? All my crap is wireless!!

I use it for my 360 cuz WiFi adapters or w/e u get for them are expensive

Dorkfish said:
Lol, who uses ethernet cables any more? All my crap is wireless!!

I use it for my 360 cuz WiFi adapters or w/e u get for them are expensive

All your wireless devices are sharing the same frequency, along with others that live around you. That also included cordless phones, microwaves, just keep adding more to your collection if you want. When I had my home built, I had them run Ethernet through the walls for a jack in every room, before the house was finished. (Almost every room. :p)

Last edited:
Back