HD Cables for the Wii..?

Monty

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
What difference do these things make? I have a nice big HDTV, and once you get onto watching, and playing games in HD (360, & PS3), not seeing things in HD is kinda weird.

Granted, I know it's not going to make the the graphics better, rather crisper.. but I'm skeptical as to whether they even do this.

Basically, are the HD cables actually affective, and worth the money?

Its just going to change the signal capability from 480i to be able to put out a 480p...
It will still be a nice improvement,atleast a noticable improvement, and will look good but not great on an HDTV.
Most people don't have an HDTV yet and nintendo like many other companys still find it unnessasary to tack on the cost of HD to everyone only to make the minority of consumers happy.

But aslong as you didnt buy some 1080p t.v. with no backwards capability at all, in which case 90% of what you have on the screen will look like garbage anyways, you should be happy but not thrilled with the 480p resolution.

If you did buy a non backwards compatible t.v. where you can't lower the resolution to match the current signals, then you will have to sit and wait with the handful of HD service out now untill t.v. stations,movies,dvd players,consoles decide to switch to HD fully over the next 15 years before "everything" will work on it...

If your really concerned about it you can buy an HDTV upconverter box to match your t.v's resolution. They run about 100-250 dollars on average, and then everything you plug into it will be upconverted to match your screen, giving the Game Consoles,VCR,DVD or any other SDTV or EDTV the same resolution as your t.v. itself. Still not the best possibal picture but you have no choice when you buy a t.v. thats 10 years ahead of its time. Normally when t.v's advanced in the past everything else advanced first. This is the First Time the T.V's went first and now everything else has to catch up. I have a feeling there will be alot of complaints about HDTV over the next few years because of this.

Last edited:
Back