HD Cables in 480p?

wiijunkie

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2007
Virginia Beach
I was considering the hd cables but wasn't sure if the $50 would be worth the added benefit. Has anyone purchased these and if so are they worth it?

I don't have component cables, but I'd be really wary of a set sold on ebay for $10 unless you are familiar with the brand. Otherwise, they could just be standard AV cables.

wiijunkie said:
I was considering the hd cables but wasn't sure if the $50 would be worth the added benefit... I think they were made by madcatz
I've seen those Madcatz ones at Gamestop, they're really not worth paying for $50. In fact, I bought the Madcatz Component cables off their website which sells for less than half that. It's listed for $19.99 MSRP on their website.

Gamestop is just trying to take advantage of your ignorance and milk you for a 150% markup.

If you want the cheapest (as in best bang for your buck), I'd go with the ones listed on www.play-asia.com. They're selling them for $9.99 and shipping is right at $3.40.

HD 480P component cables

I purchased HD 480P component cables for my Game Cube at $75.00
On games which supported "Progressive" it made a significant difference.
I have a 1080i (720P) Mitsubishi 52" DLP and yes, progressive scan game cube games looked 30%-40% better when compared to SVideo connections.

So, I purchased the Madcatz HD 480P cables for the Wii.
I can't say how much better the games look as I have never hooked up the standard Wii video cables. All I can say is the Wii is awesome at 480P. If you have a HD TV then you really need to think about the HD cables. Now, when I play any game cube games in my Wii they are automatically displayed in 480P which is an added bonus. Now I not only have great looking Wii games but all of my game cube games look even better on the Wii.

Now that the Wii is on my 52" HD TV I moved the out-dated game cube with HD cables to my upstairs HD TV and when the Wii is in use I can still enjoy game cube games on my older 720" 42" Mitsubishi tv.

Love the Wii

would these cables improve the quality for when you go on the internet on it , you can barely read the writing its so blury

bmx_wii said:
would these cables improve the quality for when you go on the internet on it , you can barely read the writing its so blury

zoom in

HD cables are better for moving stuff . if it's a still image , you won,t see any changes , excpet if you get 720P or 1080I HSD cables (the number is the number of lines on the screen , so 480I and 480P have the same number of lines , so no change in resolution)

Drizzt

I have the nintendo component cables and they work great on my hdtv! They are pretty good quality too, the wire is pretty thick.

i bought the $10 ebay ones and they are work great no issues at all...

not much of a difference in picture quality to the untrained eye. but if you get into any fast moving action you can tell the difference you will see some lines here and there with the av cables but the component cables eliminate that...

btw most brand name cables are WAY over priced...

just check www.monoprice.com for some great deals on cables not for the wii of course since it's propritory to nintendo... but lots of good prices and the quality is the same as the high priced brand names ones...

Back