HDMI for the Wii?

rocknroll4eva said:
wii doesnt need hdmi because its not about the graphics

thanks for reading the rest of the thread :scared:

it's not about graphics, it's about the ease of having 1 common input which nearly all new TV's and receivers are using as their primary video/audio input, regardless of quality

that triple switcher thing looks interesting, but again it's component :p

oh well..i'm going to look at my options for a 40 foot component cable that i could perhaps run alongside the HDMI for my projector, although since we didnt realize we were going with a projector in the beggning, the cables are ran along the roof and behind the screen, which will look even uglier with a thick ass component cable running alongside :(

sremick said:
Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.

When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.

spcmanspif said:
When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.
That's component, not composite. I was referring to composite (single RCA connector for video), not component (3 RCA connectors for video).

Back