HDTV Freaks i need your help

Link_

The Hero Of Time
Nov 22, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
3401-8126-5359-2546
The problem is this,this has hapened with my gamecube and now with my Wii
im triying to play Megaman X col. the game runs fine as long as i use the composite clables.

but i have an HDTV and i dont know why the image does not display,or when it does it looks like im playing a pal game on an NTC tv,or i can only see half the screen,or the image distorted with this purple color.thats the best example i can give,its similar to what happened to my neo geo VC games,but it got fixed with the control menu code.

the problem its only in the games per se,the menu for MMX col. looks fine.
i guess i need to put my wii to interlaced or something,but i dont know how,any help would be apreciated.

Don't play Megaman X play Zelda instead problem solved. The game probably doesnt support HD or any kind idk lol

had played all zeldas my favorite series ever,anyway,the game runs ok with component cables but on regular tv,once i put it on my hdtv is the problem.
i think it has to be something on the tv,some setting of sorts.

Kinda sounds like your tv doesn't support interlaced signals through component input.... It should be an automatic switch for the tv from 480p, 720p, 1080p, but perhaps it doesn't accept interlaced signals.

i have found that it happens the same with my old PS1 games runing on my ps2. hmmmm weird.

toxigenic,i can play other interlaced games even with my wii,the problem is with MMx col.

First, the Wii is not HD compatible, the highest resolution it can support is 480p (progressive scan standard definition)

If you can access the menu (channels screen), go to your settings and enable progressive scan (you need to do this anyway if you wish to get the highest resolution possible out of the Wii)

thanks for the info,but i didnt say the wii was HD,my TV is HD.
i know how to put my wii to display 480p,so thats not the problem.
the problem its only one single game.that in fact the menus and options looks fine,its just all the 6 or 7 games in it.

HDTV's are weird. Some of the cheaper models skimp on what they support and how many inputs they have on the back. What you need is a test.

If you can find a Xbox 360, that'll be great because you can select all of the various resolutions (480i - 1080p) and see which one your TV freaks out on.

Another method is maybe a cable box. My Motorola (Comcast) HD-DVR Digital Cable box has options where you can change the resolutions, but they are usually somewhat limited and don't offer all the resolutions.

Regardless you see where I'm going with this. Verify what works and what doesn't. If you KNOW your TV can do 480P... yet your Wii is having problems outputting 480P... then you KNOW its your Wii at fault.

Explorer your options and test. Check off what you KNOW and verify what you DON'T KNOW.

player911m said:
HDTV's are weird. Some of the cheaper models skimp on what they support and how many inputs they have on the back. What you need is a test.

If you can find a Xbox 360, that'll be great because you can select all of the various resolutions (480i - 1080p) and see which one your TV freaks out on.

Another method is maybe a cable box. My Motorola (Comcast) HD-DVR Digital Cable box has options where you can change the resolutions, but they are usually somewhat limited and don't offer all the resolutions.

Regardless you see where I'm going with this. Verify what works and what doesn't. If you KNOW your TV can do 480P... yet your Wii is having problems outputting 480P... then you KNOW its your Wii at fault.

Explorer your options and test. Check off what you KNOW and verify what you DON'T KNOW.
thanks man,in fact i have a 360,i took your advice and did it,all displays from 480i to 720p did well,thats confuses me even more now,my tv is a 32" Vizio,i tried to find any info but with no luck,check this out,all 480i games on my ps2 are displayed perfectly,but when i put my ps1 games it happens the same thing,there is something with these games,but what....

Back