Headset on the horizon?

I wish it was but I have no idea, but I think they will have to eventually get one for things like battle on Mario kart and other things where you have to work with others.

ehh, I'd rather use a bluetooth headset than screaming into the wiimote

LilWiiWii said:
ehh, I'd rather use a bluetooth headset than screaming into the wiimote
Sure utilizing bluetooth would be great, but why would it be better than say the headset in the first article, besides being wireless.

Are you by chance a PS3 owner? No offense intended, just curious.

That would be cool ! I hope I can turn off the other people ( once they start getting abusive )

blueovalboy7 said:
Sure utilizing bluetooth would be great, but why would it be better than say the headset in the first article, besides being wireless.

Are you by chance a PS3 owner? No offense intended, just curious.

Besides it being wireless, there are better audio and mic's in some bluetooth headsets, that way we wont be limited to Nintendos version. Yea the wireless would be sweet too. With bluetooth you could probably hear the other person talking better since its right in your ear. And yes I am a PS3 owner and I love how you can use bluetooth over resistance :)

Well I have bluetooth for my cell phone so I know what you mean, the clarity is good and they just work well for the most part. Thing is they can be fairly expensive, if you get one of the more well known brands.

As for my reason for asking if you owned a PS3 I just figured you did, because you kind of came out of nowhere with the bluetooth reference so I kinda put two and two together. How does that work for you though, I haven't had a chance to experience online on the PS3.

I expect Nintendo to have some kind of chat in the future, most likely it would be a mic accessory. I think the reason we haven't seen it yet is to avoid the ESRB T rating that automatically goes onto internet games.

As we start seeing games that are already rated T like Soul Calibur and probably SSBB we'll probably see a chat function.

Blue tooth would be better though, I don't want my headset to be attached to my flailing arm. Either It'll fall off when I need it most, or the wire will be so long it'll become annoying.

Yeh, i've pondered this possibility before

I imagined the kind of metal ball thingey u see on regular microphones would attached to the bottom of the Wii mote and it would be held upside down just like a real micrphone.

[MEDIA]http://max.iamas.ac.jp/2061/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wii-mic.jpg[/MEDIA]

I even found a pic for it, cool (not my own work just displaying someone else great work)

I imagined it would be used for a Karoake-esque like game however i have not seen any another ideas on gaming headsets

Last edited:
Skippy said:
This is old news. That chip was discussed at length many months ago.

The chip was discussed many months before but this specific wiiloaded report was not.

I personally would trust TheCosmicFrog, he is a credible reporter. He isnt stating a headset is going to be released soon it is basically just speculating, a head site might be on the horizon.

Cpt.McCloud said:
The chip was discussed many months before but this specific wiiloaded report was not.

I personally would trust TheCosmicFrog, he is a credible reporter. He isnt stating a headset is going to be released soon it is basically just speculating, a head site might be on the horizon.

It's old. This WiiLoaded report is dated 06-07-2007. It's the same information, perhaps even the source, of all the talk from before.

Back