heating wii

minismok

Mario
Dec 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
4076-9847-3370-3920
i could use any help anyone can offer on this but when i turn off my wii i leave wiiconnect24 on (purposely). when i wake back up to see the blue ligh ton everytime i feel it and its really really hot. now i know its not just me because my friend says his does it too but i was wandering if the wii is supposed to heat up like that or theres something wrong with it

Mine gets alittle hot too but im sure its fine your not the only one who leaves their wii connected and sure if the heat was a problem people would be complaining about this rather than breaking wii straps

i dont have this problem, it seems it only happens when i leave a disc in or something but i could be wrong, so registered nerd, the processor can run and heat up without any damage to it? just trying to understand, i dont know about tech things like that :p

Not to say I know alot about the wii, but I'm sure that WC24 uses so little processing power that the heat generated would be minimal. As long as the wii isn't closed up in a poorly ventilated cabinet, you'll be just fine.

Hours of constant gameplay will generate more heat than weeks of idling w/WC24.

pianodood said:
Not to say I know alot about the wii, but I'm sure that WC24 uses so little processing power that the heat generated would be minimal. As long as the wii isn't closed up in a poorly ventilated cabinet, you'll be just fine.

Hours of constant gameplay will generate more heat than weeks of idling w/WC24.

haha, your sig rules. I wonder how many people understand. "ball in a cup! Its a ball.........attached to a string......on a cup!"

Deathmetalmaster said:
haha, your sig rules. I wonder how many people understand. "ball in a cup! Its a ball.........attached to a string......on a cup!"

Ha ha I understand! :) "..and clean up is as easy as catching a ball in a cup!"

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to notice!! I wish I could use a family guy .wav file in place of a text sig... I love the theme song, in fact it was stuck in my head this morning LOL

Well, that's it... time for me to go and try to put the ball in the cup!

I wonder if Wario Ware has ball in a cup ???? Hmmmmm :idea:

So let me get this straight, if I leave my LED light on my Wii on 24/7 (just to make the Wii look nicer in my room) and have Wii Connect 24 on and don't use it for awhile the heat won't build up and hurt my Wii right?

Also, about the intercooler... is that like an add-on for the Wii or do they add that like 2nd generation thing they add onto it later on?

it is designed to run 24/7 from the ground up
to paraphrase one of the engineers
' we didn't want mom waking up in the middle of the night thinking she didn't unplug something when the fan comes on... the components were chosen with their heat tolerences in mind for always on service'

or something like that
just make sure it has some room to breathe
and about teh light....just how much heat do you think an LED outputs??

The heat won't affect it but if it bothers you hook up a small fan to blow on the Wii until the intercooler comes.

Back