Help! Can't connect my Wii

Roysta

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2007
I have a wireless router (DLINK DIR-615), I have 3 laptops connecting to the router fine, but when i go look for the access point on my Wii the connection does not show up. Any suggestions?

Ps. Sorry, this is my first post so if there is lack of information i apologize in advance, instead just write what you need. Thanks :)

do you have the SSID blocked? If so the Wii may not be able to find the access point. Also, how far is the Wii from the router and are there any potential sources of radio interference such as refrigerators between it and the router? If so, try moving the Wii closer to the router and see if it can find the signal then.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

Thanks in advance Dr. Mom

My router is about 3 rooms away (not sure the range). And i am not too sure if the SSID is blocked, and if it were i would not know how to check. See i have a computer guy do all my router stuff but he wrote down my SSID, WEP, and all the router codes.

I guess i could try moving the Wii closer maybe that would work

Btw how far is the Wii range?
because i have one of my laptops close by the Wii and it connects to my router fine

Ok, if you can get a laptop to connect next to the Wii and the signal is strong that shouldn't be the issue.
Next step (BTW, this only applies to a Windows PC). Hit your start button on the laptop next to the Wii and go to network connections. Right click on the wireless adapter and click on "View available wireless networks", if nothing shows your network SSID is hidden and you'll have to enter it manually on the Wii setup screen. Next, on the wii wireless set up screen enter the WEP passcode. Now try and connect and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

stressedoutstrikerfan

i'm trying to logg in to mario strikers game i can connect to wifi but it times out all the time.. it has nothing to do with the wirless interference. can someone help me and explain why i can't logg in... my wii shop channel and weather etc work.... pleeeease i'm desprate help!! my router is Dlink 615 thanks

Dr. Mom said:
Ok, if you can get a laptop to connect next to the Wii and the signal is strong that shouldn't be the issue.
Next step (BTW, this only applies to a Windows PC). Hit your start button on the laptop next to the Wii and go to network connections. Right click on the wireless adapter and click on "View available wireless networks", if nothing shows your network SSID is hidden and you'll have to enter it manually on the Wii setup screen. Next, on the wii wireless set up screen enter the WEP passcode. Now try and connect and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

Dr Mom, U seem clever. can u helpme with this

Just cant get my laptop and wii to connect properly.
im sharing the internet connection on the laptop connecting via wi fi. the wii detects the ssid, but when it test connection it fails??/

if u knowplslet meknow

I had the same problem before. I used the lan adpater and hooked it up to the router. Then it started working.

i got a new lan adpater from game stop when i plug the ethernet to the lan and it dosent work and give error.. why?:mad: :mad:

I got probs too

I can't connect my wii to the internet post change to WEp. When it asks for my key or password I type in the one I use to access the ssid but when I look at it iunder my settings only 5 characters appear when my password is longer that. Any suggestions?

Gwarzilla said:
I can't connect my wii to the internet post change to WEp. When it asks for my key or password I type in the one I use to access the ssid but when I look at it iunder my settings only 5 characters appear when my password is longer that. Any suggestions?
Yes: Start your own thread for your issue. Don't hijack someone else's thread.

I am also having problems connecting my Wii to the internet through my D-Link DIR-615.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
My router shows up in the Wii when I search for access points.
I select it, and enter my key but the connection test always fails.

Any ideas?

sremick said:
Yes: read the post above yours that talked about hijacking others' threads. :mad5:

Nothing like welcome to the Wii forums!

Maybe you should read what I wrote...

I have the identical router and identical issues. I was looking to see if the thread starter might be able to share if he has learned how to fix the problem.

You need to relax! Would you rather I start an identical thread with my name on it?:rolleyes:

Back