[help] Compare with PS3 and Wii, which should I buy?

If you got the money, go for the PS3.

If you get the wii, prepared to be waiting for good games.
They're coming... Slowly.... But they're coming.

i would say do some research and finally pick a console that you think you will find the games you want.

it's too early to say if the PS3 will be a dreamcast. PS3 have way more potential in games compared to the Wii and the XBOX 360. Blue Ray with 50 gigs. Developers can now put everything that is suppose to be in the game in the game. unlike the traditional DVD games where developers had to take out things in order to fit the game on a DVD disc. it's really something else if you take the time and think about it.

Aawww, the forum's maturing! Very few biased posts; I'm proud of you guys.

Wii for Nintendo exclusives like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. Also if the motion controlling is cool to you.

PS3 for ridiculously good graphics and power (No one really defines "power, when talking about these things. It's just automatically jammed in the "good" category because it sounds good), Blu Ray videos and a good overall entertainment system.

GamerCon said:
"... love the PS3 GFX just get a 360.." Thats one lie. I dont see Uncharted on 360, Haze looks better then Gears of War.

"... most of the exclusive PS3 titles are now going to 360." Ok, like what?

"Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too." Final Fantasy is not, it will have spinoffs but XIII is PS3 only. Devil May Cry was to be expected, with all the Capcom games on 360. MGS wil not be going to 360, Hideo has a lot of reasons why. Thats 2, 3 lies now.

"...ps3 is good but its not making progress." So all the firm ware updates are just nothing. 4 lies.

"...ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games." Thanks psychic Joe, but since you dont really know, thats your 5th lie.

Guess im not so full of it.

Youve been playing since you were 3? Ive been playing since i was 1 or so, not really playing but i would try. I like the PS3 more then the Wii. I like the GC more then the Wii.

How many people that dont play games got a Wii? So wouldnt you say the Wii would be more for people that dont really play game consoles? You see how that makes sense.
there are a few pre-sony exclusives that have been nabbed by the 360, and you know this is true unless youre a complete blind fanboy
and EVERY game coming out of the PS3 should look way better than any game on the 360, the 360 is a year older technology, the ps3 is superior, or atleast we were told this.

Manny21 said:
hey if you don't want to spend alot and love the ps3 GFX just get the Xbox 360, most of the exclusive ps3 titles are now going to the 360. Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too.

Core - $299
Premium - $399
Elite - $479

And i had a Wii, was fun for a while but i didn't like the gfx and it just got boring. So i got the 360, ps3 is good but its not making progress.

If it is between a ps3 and wii - Get the Wii, ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games.

But 360 is for me :D

Are you stupid, she said Wii or Ps3, not 360. Dont listen to this guy, he's a fanboy. Il give you my honest opinion on both consoles since i own both them. Personally, i prefer the Ps3 as it has more of my type of games. The Wii is fun but the games at the moment are dreadful, if you want to get a Wii i hope you have good patients. Ps3 is graphically amazing, the games at the moment look superb and devs are lucky if their utilizes 50% of the Ps3 power with games like GtA4(going to be amazing!), Gran Turismo(got GT:Hd to free download on Ps3 Network, Lair(Game pushing the limits, the amount of stuff happening on screen at once is crazy), WarHawk(looks great, online air battles and ground battles), Motor Storm(Graphically, beautiful, short but online makes up for it), Resistance(great story and online is great) , Assasins Creed(another great lookng game), Haze(One of the biggest games on the Ps3 im looking forward too with the campaign being online with 3 other people i yor squad), Ninja Gaiden and Kill Zone 2 you cant go far wrong and you'll see what the Ps3 can do soon. If you've got the money i suggest you get this. If money is a concern, get a Wii but the games arent good at the moment, Zelda is good mind you, and its a lot of fun with your mates, but it can get boring after a while but there is SSBB, Mario Galaxy(Dont like Mario myself), Crisis, No More Heros(Not a great looking game in my own opinion, over hyped and the voice acting is a joke) and MP3 too look forward to the Wii, personally that isn't enough for me to prefer it over the Ps3 and the controller does get annoying too say the least after a while, especially in Fps. Huge bonus with th Ps3 is the online is free, something both Wii and Ps3 has got over the 360, and the Ps3 and Wii's online is great, minimal lag with any internet speed besides dial-up. Ps3 all the way.

Just really a lot more stuff to entertain you on the Ps3 at the moment, im sure Nintendo will get their finger out their A$$ though and start making some decent titles without the Ps2 graphics.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
there are a few pre-sony exclusives that have been nabbed by the 360, and you know this is true unless youre a complete blind fanboy
and EVERY game coming out of the PS3 should look way better than any game on the 360, the 360 is a year older technology, the ps3 is superior, or atleast we were told this.
So if i gave you a block of wood an said "I want this to look like a horse your first time" you could do it? Maybe after time. If i gave you marble later, you would need to learn to sculpt that. Then i gave you clay, you would need to learn that too.

The PS3 is better. Look at the 360 launch games and compare. You just dont understand these are great for launch games. Look at Oni for PS2, then look at God of War or Devil May Cry. Look at Gears of War, its only slightly better then Resistance, then i think it looks better cause it has bigger areas with more enemies.

They have had some, I dont know which ones but Devil May Cry 4, Capcom should be crying for that. Its not that I dont want it on 360, its just going to be worse then it could have been.

The ports from 360 to PS3 look worse cause they are different systems, the devs just dont realize that.
If your game starts on Xbox 360 you will have to re-engineer aspects of the game to run properly on PS3. This means additional effort. Some developers have been complaining about this, but I don't believe we can solve that... The 360 is a different machine with good, but lower powered hardware in a different architecture. Developers have to view them as two different machines not as a common platform.

Besides, i think this says it best
Hayashi explains that in being a creator of games and in position to receive money from players, Team Ninja "shouldn't complain about the difficulty." Outspoken he may be, but the man at least implies that he'll stick to his guns as well as the PlayStation 3. "As I said, people who complain about the difficulty of creating games for PS3 should get out, right? While I'm saying that kind of thing, if I get out myself, then what I say doesn't mean anything! So, I should stay - right?"

GamerCon said:
So if i gave you a block of wood an said "I want this to look like a horse your first time" you could do it? Maybe after time. If i gave you marble later, you would need to learn to sculpt that. Then i gave you clay, you would need to learn that too.

The PS3 is better. Look at the 360 launch games and compare. You just dont understand these are great for launch games. Look at Oni for PS2, then look at God of War or Devil May Cry. Look at Gears of War, its only slightly better then Resistance, then i think it looks better cause it has bigger areas with more enemies.

They have had some, I dont know which ones but Devil May Cry 4, Capcom should be crying for that. Its not that I dont want it on 360, its just going to be worse then it could have been.

The ports from 360 to PS3 look worse cause they are different systems, the devs just dont realize that.

Besides, i think this says it best
im just saying, haze or whatever is a game coming out in the future, just like gears had, but this shouldnt be a big deal cause ps3 should look better than 360 no matter what
and oh you mentioned devil may cry, thats a game that is now not a ps3-exclusive.

paintba||er said:
Why should PS3 games look better no matter what? The 360 has a better graphics card.
360 is a year older
and ps3 is claimed to be the most powerful with the cell and everything it has

Sovieto said:
im just saying, haze or whatever is a game coming out in the future, just like gears had, but this shouldnt be a big deal cause ps3 should look better than 360 no matter what
and oh you mentioned devil may cry, thats a game that is now not a ps3-exclusive.
Yea i know, hence "not as good as it could have been."

It does, not counting ports, every game for PS3 looks better than 360.

GamerCon said:
Yea i know, hence "not as good as it could have been."

It does, not counting ports, every game for PS3 looks better than 360.
i havent seen a game for ps3 yet that looks better than gears

Back