Help connecting my Wii to the internet via satellite?

Littlewing

WiiChat Member
Jul 9, 2011
I have Starband satellite internet service (And PLEASE don't just answer telling me how bad satellite is and I should get something else. I live in an area where there is nothing else. Every time I ask for help for something like this a bunch of people always just tell me 'Oh no, don't use satellite! Use broadband!' If I could I would. :| ) which means I have a satellite modem, and an Airlink model ar570W B/G/N wireless router connected to it to form a wireless network for my house.

I've had the satellite... Probably about a year, but I haven't tried to hook my Wii up to it until today. The Wii will automatically detect my wireless router, but when it tries to test the connection, it eventually gives up and gives me the 101405 error, telling me that there seems to be a problem with the Wiiconnect24 service.

I've been online for most of the day trying to figure this out, and have heard lots of people saying they had trouble with getting their Wii to use satellite, but then figured it out. The problem is none of them ever explain how.

My PS3 uses it with little complaint, and my nephews' 360 used it with nary a hitch. But the Wii absolutely refuses to connect. Does anyone know how to get this darned Wii to just connect via satellite already?

Back