Help my wii bricked whilst updating

olliecoles

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2012
england
I inserted a game into my wii and it told me to update so i did after the update was complete the screen went black. now every time i turn it on there is no picture and it wont pickup the wii motes.

Did you by any chance do anything wierd to your wii? If you did then there's nothing you can do except ask a professional for help(not nintendo).
If you didn't put homebrew on your wii, then talk to nintendo. As long as you still have the warranty than they'll either fix or replace it.

As Xplosive detailed, there's not really anythin' you can do if your Wii is outright bricked by a bad update (they're very rare, but can happen). Contact Nintendo via their support website so long as the brick wasn't caused by you screwin' with your Wii via modifications, hacking, etc. There's a chance that even if your Wii is no longer warranty-covered, they may repair for free it if the brick really was because of a bad update.

Let's seriously stop dicking around here guys. @OP so...you either have your Wii homebrewed currently OR it used to be homebrewed.
Either way updating a Wii like that without a doubt caused you a full blown out brick and although there are "Other" methods on getting your **** fixed we can't discuss that here nor will Nintendo help you with a bricked modified Wii. Sorry man but I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you.

/Thread

Actually you can brick a machine without Homebrew channel.

But for the most part its while its updating if you unplug it.

Maybe

Damn modern tech and there need to be updated

@OP so...you either have your Wii homebrewed currently OR it used to be homebrewed.

/Thread

[video=youtube;o4OCojPH-IQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4OCojPH-IQ&feature=related[/video]

Damn modern tech and there need to be updated

Why modern consoles don't have the ability to rollback like PCs have had for a ****in' decade is beyond me.

Dunno lol

Ive bricked two machines in my life
One was a gamepark 2x that I was updating

The other was an Xbox when I played Red Ninja on it and threw the machine at the wall

Back