Help please!!! Monitor question

Windacks123

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Hey guys - if anyone could answer me this i would be immensley appreciative ^_^ , will my monitor work with a Nintendo Wii,? im using this

ViewSonic - Products - VA1912w

If it will work with the Wii, as a monitor to play the games, will i have to buy anything extra or is just a matter of connecting it together?

Thanks in advance and sory if i cant be a bit more specific - im not very good with this sort of stuff :D

You need to be sure the monitor has component inputs as the Wii doesnt support VGA.

hey

Well I think there is an official D sub, otherwise known as D-Terminal cable you can get for the Nintendo Wii. But I think it's only available in Japan. Well it's used on Japanese televisions.

BTW, as it's an LCD based monitor, I would be wary of the display quality. As I think LCD monitors arn't meant to have the best display quality when they arn't set at their native resolution, as they only emulate other resolutions, see Native resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

cyas

Last edited:
i0n said:
You need to be sure the monitor has component inputs as the Wii doesnt support VGA.

Hold on a sec, what do you mean it doesn't "support" VGA. Nintendo has made no mention of releasing VGA cables, but are saying the console is INCAPABLE of a VGA signal?

M.

hey

@Anarchangle: I think it's just that Nintendo is not releasing any VGA Cables. I think a 3rd party may release a VGA cable, otherwise you can probably modify a Nintendo Wii Component or D-Terminal cable into a VGA (hd-15) cable.

Well I have seen tutorials/guides for modifying a X360 D-Terminal cable and also GameCube Component cable into VGA (hd-15) cables, but I'm not sure if the theory from these tutorials could be used for modifying the Nintendo Wii cables.

cyas

Last edited:
Back