Help please.

fav0r0ng

WiiChat Member
Apr 29, 2011
I am about to reach lvl 29 and just started thinking about what if my disk ends up getting scratched, my file gets deleted, etc. How can I save my game? Prolly a noob question. Thanks.

If your disc gets scratched, there's no problem. The save data gets saved on the Wii, so just buy a new disk and everything should be fine.
If the file gets deleted, buy an SD card and make a backup of the save on the card so that you can transfer the backup over to the Wii should anything happen.

Thx Volcarona. So even though I don't have an SD card in or anything to save my game, it's still saved to the Wii?

Thx Volcarona. So even though I don't have an SD card in or anything to save my game, it's still saved to the Wii?
I was thinking the same thing. I need to get an sd card and save it because if your wii dies then you start at lvl 1
Edit: Yeah the disk doesn't have anything to do with saving.

I think the only way is through Homebrew, but don't quote me on that, just something I remember from a while back.

mm but yu create yur profile name and wat not offline, so couldnt yu save it?

your stuff gets saved on the WII. If you reformat your WII, you lose it all. I had to do that cause the stupid wii kept locking up so i thought a reformat would help. It did, but come to find out that the freeze ups were due to hardware heating issues. ITs not as bad anymore but it goes in spurts.

Go to the Home Screen and go in to your saved files blah blah put in SD Card click on the saved file and copy it to SD Card. It's not rocket science.

Wow that sucks. You cant save GoldenEye to SD. But you can save Twillight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Lego Indiana jones, Wii Fit, Super Mario Bros..... So on and so forth. It probably comes down to game software. Pretty lame when I can save just about every game I own on SD but not GoldenEye.

Mario Party 8 & Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are other games you can save to SD....

Last edited:
I was going to my folks house for a week to visit, who have a wii also. I tried and tried to take my online profile with me...it can't happen. No options to copy or move this file. It is stuck on your wii so if you lose it, its gone for good. Stupid really...Maybe its so people can't have mutiple people playing the same profile. If Prince Luigi gave all his friends his profile...well...you see the problem there.

Well your profile is a different story. It seems that games that have an online connection aren't able to save it to an sd card. That is stuck with the consol. But you can copy and save just about any game that dosent utilize the Internet for game play to sd card.

Last edited:
The only way to save your GE profile to an SD card is by using the Homebrew Channel. I don't know how to do it because I've never done anything with Homebrew, but I know several people who play off an SD card just in case their Wii crashes and this is how they do it.

Back