Help with Wii and Comp

PrinceLink

Solid Snake, Olimar
Jul 2, 2007
In Zelda's Bed
Hey i just bought a new computer and it has a tv tuner card with a recording feature so i can record stuff, Also my computer as the yellow, red and white ports that the wii has and i was wondering if i could hook my wii to my computer and play my wii through my computer and record game play with some sort of program. The guy at best buy said i could but i have no clue how can anyone help me!!!

Heres if my computer model: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8674794&type=product&id=1197075131085

Also if i would some how run it through my monitor and record something that way plz tell me!

Here is my Monitor: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...2207h&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1196470439109

Any help would be awesome thanks!!!!!

I haven't looked at the links, but if you have AV inputs then you can definitely run the signal from your Wii to your PC. To record it might be more tricky because even if you have the software to record TV it might only accept the input from an RF signal. Any standard video capture / editing software will allow to to record your footage for all to see, but it might be of reduced size.

Those inputs are called "composite" inputs... the yellow is for the video, the red and white are for the audio (red=right, white=left).

Your computer has no idea that the signal is coming from a Wii. It's just a video signal. If you place your IR bar above/below your monitor you should indeed be able to play your Wii on the computer.

How to record will depend entirely on the software that came with your computer. There's no one way about it.

Thanks for helping

Well i plugged in the wii nothing happens, Im running Windows VISTA, Do i need a software to run this, plz and thx

You probably need some kind of video capture software .. .. ..

You use whatever software came with the card/computer. It doesn't just magically do something when you plug it in.

RTFM

Well i found a program that lets me run my wii through my computer so i can record video and stuff but it is realy laggy does anyone have any help,

If you want to know how i did it just PM

Don't do it. Not worth it. It lags about 1 second. So move, and the pointer on the screen moves a second later.

*EDIT*
Too late @_@.
There's absolutely no way to unlag the Wii on your computer. Unless you have a $108273108947901283 computer, it's pretty much impossible.

Back