Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Internet Connection Help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by muffinman206, Jan 23, 2007.

1. muffinman206

muffinman206 WiiChat Member

I've been looking for ways to connect my Wii but I'm not exactly sure. I'm thinking about either a Datel WiFi MAX http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8148471&st=nintendo+wii&lp=9&type=product&cp=1&id=1161732977818 or a Nintendo LAN Adaptor http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8193466&st=nintendo+wii&type=product&id=1164157285316 I've read the thread for connecting but it didn't answer my question.

I have a Linksys BEFW1154 Ver. 2 but I'm not sure what to use. It has wireless capabilities, although my computer is connected by ethernet. I'm wondering which would be the best desicion. Are there better ways? I usually have my Wii about 4 feet away from my computer, but I do move it around a lot. Do the WiFi adapters have a large signal area? I usually have a computer located near by when I move my Wii. Any suggestions to what I should get or any suggestions at all? I'm never good at connecting consoles with the internet =/
    Thanks a lot if you can help me. Also, sorry if I missed something and the answer was already posted before. Thanks

2. LordofGoron

LordofGoron LordofGoron

Wii Friend Code: 7940-5789-3633-5993
    7940-5789-3633-5993
    No, the adapters range is microscopic. Why not just connect it to your router? The connection is awesome with a router. With the adapter you need to be at most one room away. Wifi max is the better option though, it has a wider range.