Hints for crappy MoH players

Nookslave said:
Could someone make a video for this game that really convinces me to get it? I like FPS's, but they arn't my favorite. With 32 player online, on-rail and off, and good ole' MoH, I might buy it. Can someone make a really adrenaline-pumping video that TELLS me to buy this game?
Too bad the game isnt out yet. As soon as it is im gonna make a good video about it :D:D :p

common sense sniping

tank said:
fall back, find a corner, crouch, and call for backup.

And if you're playing deathmatch (ie, have no team members), don't spend 30 seconds lining up a snipe, standing or crouched. Someone (me) is going to walk up behind you, drop you with 2 shots and be on to the next kill before you know what happened. I got half my kills yesterday off the same guy just standing dead still scoping on a DM game. I felt sorry for him, but I needed kills too.

Sniping in DM can be done, but it has to be quick, dirty, and you have to super aware of your environment, because you won't have anybody covering your back. If you're going to practice, either play a team game (CTF or TDM) where half as many people want to kill you, or better yet, get with a buddy on IM and play a team game with him covering you. Practice moving and leaning while you're scoping in semi-open enviornments, and don't scope until you're leading your target. If you're not with a buddy, check your own back constantly, and be ready to switch to a .45 for close quarters combat. Find environments that are as closed as possible, and know whether or not they have spawn points directly behind you (they do).

The only reasonit takes so long to kill someone, is because of the crosshairs.
It gets really annoiying, usually takes a clip or so for me..
BUt if you look through the sights 5-7 shots at best

Wiinter said:
And if you're playing deathmatch (ie, have no team members), don't spend 30 seconds lining up a snipe, standing or crouched. Someone (me) is going to walk up behind you, drop you with 2 shots and be on to the next kill before you know what happened. I got half my kills yesterday off the same guy just standing dead still scoping on a DM game. I felt sorry for him, but I needed kills too.

Sniping in DM can be done, but it has to be quick, dirty, and you have to super aware of your environment, because you won't have anybody covering your back. If you're going to practice, either play a team game (CTF or TDM) where half as many people want to kill you, or better yet, get with a buddy on IM and play a team game with him covering you. Practice moving and leaning while you're scoping in semi-open enviornments, and don't scope until you're leading your target. If you're not with a buddy, check your own back constantly, and be ready to switch to a .45 for close quarters combat. Find environments that are as closed as possible, and know whether or not they have spawn points directly behind you (they do).

Yes, good points. Most of what i was talking about is relevant to team games. But even with a death match there are some safe places to chill in a corner until the time is right to move. or at least just to reload and regain health/sprint energy

and yes...scoping does help a whole lot...i forgot about that. It almost eliminates the spray and helps with the recoil.

Also i forgot about cooking grenades in the original post. Hold A and wait about 2 - 2 1/2 seconds then throw. If you wait the right amount of time the grenade will exlode right as it hits the ground. not giving your enemy any time to run away

tank said:
Also i forgot about cooking grenades in the original post. Hold A and wait about 2 - 2 1/2 seconds then throw. If you wait the right amount of time the grenade will exlode right as it hits the ground. not giving your enemy any time to run away

I hate cooked nades.

Yup. coocked nades are a pain in any game!

Its crazy to stand still in a deathmatch game. Or most other games for that matter.

cyberzomby said:
Yup. coocked nades are a pain in any game!

Its crazy to stand still in a deathmatch game. Or most other games for that matter.

There's one room in the city, but you have to stand all the way back (there's a spawn point), there's a couple of places in Base, you can duck in stalls in the barn's in village (though beware of passerbys with cooked nades), and there's a wall you can put your back against in the sewers. There are a few lesser protected areas in some maps that work, but not well. And there's a time to set very short (sprint to forward position and blow their face off as they round the corner) traps for people you saw but didn't see you. But yeah, best advice until you know those maps really well is to never stop moving.

For team games though, it's about half as dangerous. Even less if you have some coordination with at least one other player.

Your very right about the last part. Dont know about the first. It sounds really cool. I WANT THIS GAME :p:p ( sorry )

Didn't you ever figure out if it's really delayed for Europe or not?

good thread this will help the noobs and people who complain saying that its hard and thats stupid.

Wiinter said:
There's one room in the city, but you have to stand all the way back (there's a spawn point), there's a couple of places in Base, you can duck in stalls in the barn's in village (though beware of passerbys with cooked nades), and there's a wall you can put your back against in the sewers. There are a few lesser protected areas in some maps that work, but not well. And there's a time to set very short (sprint to forward position and blow their face off as they round the corner) traps for people you saw but didn't see you. But yeah, best advice until you know those maps really well is to never stop moving.

For team games though, it's about half as dangerous. Even less if you have some coordination with at least one other player.

Two problems with camping in this game:

1. It takes so many bullets to take an enemy down that they have plenty of time to run away, duck behind something, take cover, etc., so that unless you persue them, you can't really take them out. Even a sniper rifle takes two shots to bring someone down (two headshots).

2. Random respawn points: I can't count the number of times an enemy respawned right behind me IN MY OWN BASE!

this is the strategy i use.(there are four of us. we always travel in groups. i am specialized in close combat. i always use shotgun. one of us uses the machine guns. other one snipes while we cover his back. the last one is just some random person we take in our team every time)

Back