Hola...

That sucks, Mad Kow, sorry...We ain't got any snow up in here. But they be saying that maybe on Friday it'll snow (if that happens it'll be for like 30 minutes, I'm sure)
By the way, was the left nut statement a joke? lol, you're funny even when you're serious.

Hehehe

Giant Paperweight ......... and an expensive one at that.

Thanks for the input guys... all is well now. ATT restored the broadband service at home though I had to take the entire day off to wait for them.. and he was 5 hours late.... and he fell through the window well cover that was covered by 20 of snow.. but who's complaining. Turns out the first installer "bridged" the line to the house instead of a direct connect causing the gateway to be confused.. just so happened it went out right in the middle of a snowstorm... hmmm... or that's a line of crap and I'll believe anything.

AT&T is awesome!... cough, cough, Bull$hit, cough, hack, spittle

If I end up with a brick I guess I deserve it. Can I ask a question? Has anybody ever used a USB 2.0 hub to expand the ports on a Bloated Dead Skunk? That way we can have a keyboard, headset and LAN line plugged in at the same time. If I'm not allowed to ask just PM me and I'll delete it. Time for more coffee!

The left nut is ok too... btw that was a joke.

about usb hub: quick google says yes, but not 100% sure if it has to be a particular brand or not, by all means try.

hope you've had a look around the place by now.....

Just got back from Best Buy. Had a $10 certificate burning a hole in my pocket so I bought a Rocketfish 2.0 4-port hub for $5 after the discount. It worked! Has a suction cup to attach to the side of the box and lights up. Looks kinda cool.

I'm sure my son will put it though its paces and see if the LAN line has lag or not. I will update the progress later.

The site looks great. I'm not that good on games like all of you. I actually spend a lot of time just watching my son play COD. It's amazing how kids can pick this up so fast and be multitasking 10 different things at once. He's listening to his iPod in one ear, the headset in the other, talking to me, talking to other players, and kicking butt in the game. . I can only watch for about 10 minutes before I get dizzy.. what pu$$y.

There is a lot to read here... very cool. Thanks Skid. I gotta quit messing around and get some ads done. Ltr

My son is 11 and my daughter is 9 and I am probably to frickin old to be on a website with gamers. Someday I'm going to grow up... and grow my hair back. I thought about letting my son see some of this but it is not age appropriate and I look like a jerk. Whoops.. there I go again with the Hypocricy thing. It probably states somewhere in the rules that there is an age restriction or something.. oh.. I shouldn't admit not reading the rules. I'll go read them right now... I mean it.riiiigggh noooooowwwww

Holy crap. Read the rules.. is this a corporation or what!?! It all makes sense though and fair is fair... feel sorry for the poor guy who had to come up with and approve all that. Probably a team of lawyers too... maybe there's just an app for that. I'll check my iPhone.

The hair is not comin back. Trust me. Gotta pick the little buggers up from school now anyhow. Back in the office in an hour. Can't chill out Doma. It's not part of my personality... I don't even chill when I'm sleeping.

What's that? Less coffee you say!? Blasphemer!

i drink coffee by the pot. if the forum rules were not strict, this place would have been lost in the flood years ago.

and i can appreciate you only having time for one thread. some say there is a time and place for every intro thread to die.

no offense intended.

and cookies are sent in the mail, get them when ready.

Last edited:
Just registered... found the site looking for some Wii answers on the net. Seems like this is a good place with a lot of info... The kids and I spend quite a bit of time on the Wii and love it despite it's limitations. We bought ours when they first came out.

A brief history. Forgive me if I ramble on, but this I why I'm here and I thought I'd just throw it out there... My 10yo son and I installed the Homebrew channel back when the system was 4.1 and everything was great. We hacked a few games (Mario, COD WOW...etc) for private matches but I taught my kids not to cheat against other players just to get ahead. They understood, they "get it" and have run into cheaters online before.

So.. along comes Black Ops and sure enough we go to play it the first time and it wants to update the system and warning warning warning blah blah... so I shut it down. Without thinking.. or researching to see if it was necessary....(because it's Xmas morning and they want to play it NOW) I take all the homebrew crap off the system and wipe the SD clean and update to 4.3 (Dumb@$$! Moron! Stupid Stupid Stupid)... MAN, I wish I hadn't done that. Everything works great but no more Homebrew! Dang-it that $ucks.

Anyhow, fast forward to a couple months later. Since 4.3 is a lot more complicated to Mod and install homebrew and I'm a complete n00b, I had my system soft modded a week ago. It's a little glitchy, but we got Homebrew and some more fun stuff. Now I'm looking into other options since the USB drive that is now installed has taken up all my slots and I had to disconnect the hard line and go back to wireless and all it's lagtacular glory. So here I am.

This is not question. Please don't pound on me to search the forums... I am going to do that next. I will do my best not to ask a question that has already been asked. Sorry to ramble... I've had too much coffee this morning. So that's my story...

Ya got a nice place here! Mind if I look around? Hey are you going to finish that pizza?
Thank you so much for your post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Welcome Lisa! Have a look around and help yourself to whatever is in the fridge!

Back