how can we stop double postings?

• Thread starter The_Loose_Cannon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Loose_Cannon

on many occassions youll see a thread that has 3 pages of discussion on the topic. no less than 10 min later youll see another thread started with the exact same question (just worded differently most of the time). the thread that was started up after the original poster usually becomes a sloppy curse out match of "USE THE *&(#$)@#*(#$ SEARCH FUNTION YOU &#*($@#(*#)($ NEWB!!! "

so how do we stop it? there truely is no calm way to deal with it. by the time it becomes a "use the search funtion" thread, someone could of already helped the person posting with the original thread of where to find the information he/she was looking for.

so administration- what do we do? :tard:

I'm definitely not an admin, but I really don't think there's a way to stop this. And when you say something to some people about it they go apeshit.

people are too sensitive on here. as soon as you say "its a dupe thread" they get all bent out of shape and aggrivated as if its some personal attack.

ive tried many times to say both things. use the search (in a calm way....usually with a smilie at the end like this ":)" lol) and then with a short answer (sometimes accompanied by a link)

i just dont get it i mean it saves us alot of aggrivation and less cursing matches between all of us defending one another.....

so how do we stop it?

If you notice somebody has either posted a duplicate thread or posted two or more times in a row just pm a moderator or the admin with the link to the thread and they will take care of the situation.

i think new-comers should be told more calmly about thier bad habit without swearing at them. regular members should plainly know better though.:)
but seriously people should just calm down a bit.

I actually do think this problem is slowly getting solved...
Some of you guys that have been here a while should remember how it used to be. No one can say they don't notice a difference.
They moderators have everything under control, you guys can just sit back, and relax.

i don't know, n00bs will be n00bs, and we can't exclude n00bs, we'd have no new members. It is slowley getting solved with the help of good role-modling from older members, or "elder wiichatters".

*sorry Sovieto, in middle of post when you posted* (notice i didn't double post to comment that, good role-modling)*

I also see this problem getting better with time. As for double posting within threads, which is what I thought this thread was about, I wonder if there's a way to automatically merge double posts into one post? I think I'll pm iOn about that because it's irritating when a whole page is filled with posts by the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back