How do u know when wiconnect24 is on?

DigestiveBiscuit

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
stupid but quick question

after looking thro the connect24 settings - mine is set to on but further down the listings it mentions an LED light (off dim bright) which is have never seen before

so the question is, is there a way of SEEING that you're connected to connect24 without going thro the options to check? my wii is currently on standby (power = orange) and i left connect24 on with my mii on travel (still havent figured out the mii thing :p) but i cant see how u know if its online or not

If you have the settings configured to have WiiConnect24 on, that means it is on. That is the only way to know if you want to check randomly yourself. When you recieve an update, e-mail, or something of that nature, your Wii will start to glow via the blue LED IF you have that option turned on in the settings. Try sending an e-mail to your Wii e-mail address and see if it glows.

When the unit is off, the power LED will be yellow if WiiConnect24 is on. It will be red if it is off. You can manually turn WiiConnect24 off by holding down the power button for 3 seconds.

yea its yellow atm

ive tried sending a mail to myself but i dont think its worked

Since i have my Wii connected through my DS USB adapter, i get a little balloon pop-up in my system tray saying that a user has connected to the network.

Mine doesn't glow at all :eek: It glowed blue when I sent it an email but not in any color when it's on stand by.

And yes I've got the right settings.

slot light only lights up if u get a mail - or thats all its done for me so far :p and that was only once :D

All you have to do is add an email address to your Wii address book and the Wii automatically sends an email confirmation to that address. You can then send email to the Wii from that device.

Note that you can not send email to the Wii unless the email address of the sender is in the address book of the Wii.

Redan499 said:
Since i have my Wii connected through my DS USB adapter, i get a little balloon pop-up in my system tray saying that a user has connected to the network.

that is something nice to know, how does your DS USB work with your wii, i've heard they aren't that good, but are u getting a good connection?

Back