Wii almost fried!! Do NOT use standby!

the wii im sure can handle it (unless u got something faulty) to get the heat. or Nintendo would of did something different , im sure they knew it would heat up in Standby/Wiiconnect24. Mine barely gets warm in standby.. i have yet to test Wiiconnect on it tho.

Klywak said:
Climbatiz: Mine is as well, but accidents allways happen, so its better to get something that you know is stronger than what you currently have!

Yea, But im seeing how far i can go with mine till it does break.
Honestly.. did everyone know how durable the controllers are? I punched my Treadmill with it in my hand, and i have thrown it at the ground, and they still don't even have a dent. :mad2:

lol, goodluck with that, and i seriously didnt know they could be that durable, so thanks for the info, although i have dropped mine on hard floor before. :idea:

climbatiz said:
lol, goodluck with that, and i seriously didnt know they could be that durable, so thanks for the info, although i have dropped mine on hard floor before. :idea:

You have to remember, thats 3 layers of plastic on that thing. Thats why they are so Durable.. im sure.

Maybe I should make a thread...

i still got warranty for awhile, remember to do the +90 days registration.. if it breaks during then, it breaks.. ill get new one. If it breaks 1 day after warranty.. ill kill. but i doubt itll overheat. only the buggy ones :p

Klywak said:
Maybe I should make a thread...

yeah, you should, it would be easier :prrr:

anyways, im sure that nintendo thought about the controlers more than people thought they did, and thats the reason why, they knew the Wii is for Everyone, so if you drop it, you wont aggervate nintendo about there controlers, lol

climbatiz said:
yeah, you should, it would be easier :prrr:

anyways, im sure that nintendo thought about the controlers more than people thought they did, and thats the reason why, they knew the Wii is for Everyone, so if you drop it, you wont aggervate nintendo about there controlers, lol

What would i name it? LOL

They were thinking about Americans and how we always break sh1t all the time and find some sort of way to get a replacement system.

Klywak said:
What would i name it? LOL
Name It "Wiimotes Durability"
match002001 said:
They were thinking about Americans and how we always break sh1t all the time and find some sort of way to get a replacement system.

lol match, so true xD

MetroidZ said:
That shouldn't happen, standby shouldn't affect the system like that. I would contact the big N.
Yo, Its the wirless card in the wii, not nintendos falt that wireless sometimes run hot 24/7, you dont have to use wirless, go and buy a LAN adapter >_>

Last edited:
sorry for turning this thread into a wiimote thread, again the standby is normal, dont get all freaked out if its warm! if something happens to it, contact the big N, cause wii are helping you the best wii can!

Yea, if you want to talk about the Wii remotes and stuff like that.. go to my thread. LOL :thumbsup:

And if anyone wanted to know...

<< Thats me.

I'm a Guy, unlike how people think I'm a girl.

Update: I decided to test the Wii last night and pay attention to how hot it gets. The fans are functioning properly. I played Zelda for 4 hours straight and the Wii didn't get hot at all. Only after I put it on standby , then it started to get hot starting from the top (I have it in the horizontal position) near where you plug in the ac adapter and then the whole bottom was hot too. I think it might be because the fans are off during standby which causes the heat to build up. But I dont know why its only mine thats experiencing that. The good thing is that my Wii is still working and playing games lol. I also tried linking my nintendo account on my friends wii , but it didn't work. It seems that everything you download from the wii channel including the history is stored in the individual wii. I am debating whether to screw the $20 I spent on the virtual games and just go to TRU and replace it for another one instead of waiting 2-3 weeks wiiless and end up getting my wii just "repaired" and not replaced. I also told my friend to test his wii in the horizontal position and in standby and see if it also gets hot like mine does.

Back