How do you save game data

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hi all im just wondering how would one go about saving game data?

Is it with the SD cards, or do we have to purchase external harddrive specific to the wii?

cool

Really? so i can use my usb jump drive, the kind that can go on a keychain? Thats sweet. What are cheaper? SD mem cards, or usb memory sticks?

well i bought a 512mb SD (for camera) for £14.99 and a 1gb USB for £17.99 recently

but that was from a retailer, shop around on the interwebnet i'm sure you'll find cheaper elsewhere

i will probably use a bigger USB stick which will be just for the wii

the quesiton is: If you can save onto a jump drive, will U3 drives work? These are the handy little drives that allow you to install programs to your drive so you can run them from any computer you can plug into, the problem is that for devices like USB capable car stereos, media recievers, and stuff like that is that the U3 software is stored on a second partition. In layman's terms, what this means is that on the drive, there are actually two drives. So, for example, my car stereo allows you to plug in a jump drive with music files on it to play from, but when you insert a U3 drive, it won't work because it can only read one partition. I wonder if this will happen on Wii too.

amon140 said:
so how much would a 1gb sd cost (in US$) compared to a usb?

They're $20usd currently. When the Wii comes out, i bet the price will go even lower. A 2gb card is around $60 so a 1gb is currently the best deal. I got 2 of them (1 for my new camera and 1 for my future Wii)

I thaught that the interal flash was only for virtual console games?
And i mean 1gb of memory is plenty to save a barrage of wii games and full seasons of ea sports titles

Dont you guys agree

Back