How internal memory duz the wii have?

zap'em up

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
becuz idk if i need to get a memory card any time soon. i've been saving all my data to the hard drive nd i dont know how much space i have left.
help is appreciated

That can be found in the Wii options. Data Management. I haven't had any memory space issues yet and I've saved tons of games and vc games and what not.

hmmm ok do u kno how much space one VC game roughly takes up??

when you d/l the game it'll tell you how much the game takes up (max) but it usually doesnt take the max amount. it also tells you how much space youll have left before and after the d/l, etc.

ohhh thats good nd i kno 512mb is alot of memory becuz fer the ps2 i had a 8mb memory card nd i never filled it up lol so im guessin i still have loads of memory left.

yeah, so you'll always know if you have enough to download the vc. Also, you should that the wii does come with a decent amount of space.

ya it duz i mean how do u fill up 60gbs of space let alone 512mb lol

zap'em up said:
ya it duz i mean how do u fill up 60gbs of space let alone 512mb lol

music, movies, downloadable game content, etc.

not only that but the ps3 and xbox games take up memory out the wazoo. next time your at blockbuster or somethin go look at one of those games. especially like oblivion and such.

and ive heard that vc games take up a buncha memory too so be careful with them

zap'em up said:
ohhh thats good nd i kno 512mb is alot of memory becuz fer the ps2 i had a 8mb memory card nd i never filled it up lol so im guessin i still have loads of memory left.

im pretty sure that its an 8gb memory card actually.

zap'em up said:
hmmm ok do u kno how much space one VC game roughly takes up??

The older games, the ones from the older consoles take up the least amount of blocks. Its generally the n64 ones that take up the most space of them all. But don't worry, like other members I have played and downloaded several games and have well over 800 blocks of memory left. Memory is not an issue.

Although, keep in mind if want to play Gamecube games you need a Gamecube memory card to save your data for those games, they don't save to the Wii's memory. Which is good in a way, it saves your Wii memory.

Back