how is full version web browser better?

It'll probably have some way to get rid of the huge annoying bar at the bottom of your screen.

Wiitendo said:
More video capabilites, so you can see ads, videos, pop ups, more web sites, and mabe you can play online games on it, right now for some ofem you cant.

Are you being sarcastic about ads and pop ups? Personally I'd like to see adblock plus grafted into it somehow...

atleast for the time beign we don't have to worry about virus's on the wii since Virii's aren't designed for it.. lol >.>

it would also be good for shopping because there's no chance of your credit card details getting wiilogged (following on from virii's lol).

i hope the new version will have flash updates and stuff so you can play on new games.

I use the internet channel constantly....and it freezes a bunch! NINTENDO just needs to make the channel more stable!
And some kind of Java feature would be nice....but other than that....I dont really see how they could improve that MUCH more....

There's nothing wrong with the internet on my Wii, never freezes, never errors, never breaks down, I've watched movies on it and all. I can't see a way to improve it save for the flash plug-ins which were mentioned earlier.

I read somewhere that the trial version is around until june (or wotever) and then you can optionally buy the full version.

Nintendo should have the buttons on the Wii remote work as keys so you can play games on the internet that involve pressing the spacebar & tab keys.

FR. said:
No the full version will never be free, the trial download is free until June 7th, then the full version comes out for a price of ---- Wii points. I'm not sure how many. I think I read that it will be 800 - 1000 wiipoints.
YEAH IT WILL BE FREE FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS

Direct from Opera:
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system.

RyanSmall said:
and thats it? no other features?
There'll definitly be new features. I'm thinking tabbed browsing, plugins, better control scheme (use nunchuck?), image downloading (post on wii message board) and a much better layout/scheme. Also faster too, but that doesn't really count as a feature. Current one is way too slow. Even faverotes take ages to load. I hope they'll have more organised bookmarks too, folders and such alike.

Back