How Many Of You REALLY Explore Games?

deity_link said:
I'm a very quick reader and most of my friends aren't so when ever we're playing a game with reading thay get so pissed at me for reading so fast.. its not my fault there so slow

I understand that, but I don't mean like, read, then click, I mean like BUTTON MASHER constant click click click click click...not even looking at the text...they don't pay attention, and then when I finish the game first, they're all like, help me! ABUH!!! I was too stupid to READ the text and have PATIENCE with CUTSCENES!!! I hate it when that happens!

And in reference to KAdee's responce to my story-accuracy, I'm glad there's another weirdo like me out there! hahahahaha...I love to do that for some reason...I understand completely when the game is based on something...It's almost compelling t finish it then like it was done before, just to give it some authenticity!

Dude, that's definately me.
I especially love the Tomb Raider cames because of how much you must explore for secrets and items. :)

But it gets boring after awhile watching long cutscences like on xenosaga. I get so damn bored watching them. That is one of the reasons I really dont like rpg games.

Mrjingles_23 said:
I understand that, but I don't mean like, read, then click, I mean like BUTTON MASHER constant click click click click click...not even looking at the text...they don't pay attention, and then when I finish the game first, they're all like, help me! ABUH!!! I was too stupid to READ the text and have PATIENCE with CUTSCENES!!! I hate it when that happens!

And in reference to KAdee's responce to my story-accuracy, I'm glad there's another weirdo like me out there! hahahahaha...I love to do that for some reason...I understand completely when the game is based on something...It's almost compelling t finish it then like it was done before, just to give it some authenticity!

WTF! I KNOW I posted about the button pressing to get through conversations quicker, although I worded it as, "...Where as on the 2nd/3rd plays through I would be like :zzz:, periodically pressing the button to get to the next section of text...", but now I can't find my post ????? :wtf:

Anywho, I wasn't implying anything offensive to you Mrjingles_23, but just confused as to where my post is, because I know your reference to button mashers was directed at my initial post mentioning that at times I would just press the button to skip convo's (note I dont button mash, I like my controllers :rolleyes:).
It started with me saying something along the lines of, I'm going to try and leave some side-quests for the 2nd/3rd play through so theres still some surprises, instead of doing everything the 1st time round then the 2nd/3rd time through I'm like (as I said above) :zzz:, periodically pressing the button to get to the next section of text. I think I also mentioned that I tend not to bother with some of the side-quests after I 1st do them because its then apparent theres no need, i.e you dont need all the heart containers to finish the game, so I dont wana be looking around for five heart pieces per container.

Someone tell me they saw that post please and that its not just me, cus I'm sure thats the 2nd post thats disappeard of mine now.

Either way Mrjingles_23 in my initial post about the conversation skipping, I was refering to my return journeys through the game, not my initial one. 1st time through any game for me, I take in as much as possible, and I'm reluctant to move on, and sometimes its because I dont want to see/know what happens next yet in the same way I do, aswell as throughly searching the area as much as possible. I will even save my game to make sure, then if I accidently step into a story-inspired area, i.e. the place where the cut-scene takes place so you cant go back to what you was doing, I will reset and make a mental note of who not to talk to or where not to go, so I can search more before moving on. Its weird, its cus I'm excited I finaly got the damn game after hearing about it for a year and half (thats how it is for most games nowadays, you hear about em upto 2 years before its f@!#in release n your just waitin n waitin).

Last edited:
I explore games sometimes TOO much. I just can't move on unless I make sure I have done or have seen everything. FOr example, when I finished Final Fantasy 7, my entire party was level 99 and I had beaten Ruby and Emerald. I have to beat a game to the fullest extent. I am not even close to finishing Oblivion but I like to play my games slowly even if it takes me a year of on and off playing.

ABC said:
I explore games sometimes TOO much. I just can't move on unless I make sure I have done or have seen everything. FOr example, when I finished Final Fantasy 7, my entire party was level 99 and I had beaten Ruby and Emerald. I have to beat a game to the fullest extent. I am not even close to finishing Oblivion but I like to play my games slowly even if it takes me a year of on and off playing.

lol yeh I beat both weapons, but noooo on the leveling lol, theres seriously no need for maxing out. I dont think I was far off... who knows, cant remember now but I dont think I was in my 90s, didnt bother with it excessively because the materia system is what really affects battles, just like magic juntioning affects battling in FF8.
FF8-FF9 I beat the additional bosses also, but with FF9s Ozma, I didnt beat him till my 2nd playthrough, He was that annoying, I choose to remain in possession of a fully intact and functional PSone/PS2 n TV.

Back onto Zelda, As I've said I love taking my time on new games, but going in on and off for tooooo long would ruin it personally. Due to the fact youve took so long on the side-quests and dedicated your self to solving EVERYTHING, when it comes to your additional play throughs, you will/may feel unwilling to partake in them unless you recall them to be really good and interesting. Not to mention you will know them like the back of your hand and remember quotations word for word so it will deduct from your additional play through. Well with my memory just the one playthrough is enough for me to remember solutions and certain conversations, hence on my next go through I tend to skip conversations as I've previously said.

deity_link said:
I'm a very quick reader and most of my friends aren't so when ever we're playing a game with reading thay get so pissed at me for reading so fast.. its not my fault there so slow

I Read Fast Also...

My Cousin And I Are Reading Something Like A Post On Here A I Get Finish Before He Does And Move On, He Gets So Mad!

Well im a big fan of Oblivion IV: Elder Scrolls. I have completed the game and I believe ive found every single cave, castle, ruin, and mine and settlements. Im a bit of an addict when it comes to roleplaying. I like to stalk an NPC for a while and see what they get upto. I found out one NPC goes hunting Mud crabs and then at about midnight he met up with someone in the bushes and they talked about a powerfull axe. I went to the place immediatley and then found my lovely axe.

Its very benefitial to explore the game deepley. Its GREAT fun!

KaDee said:
WTF! I KNOW I posted about the button pressing to get through conversations quicker, although I worded it as, "...Where as on the 2nd/3rd plays through I would be like :zzz:, periodically pressing the button to get to the next section of text...", but now I can't find my post ????? :wtf:

Anywho, I wasn't implying anything offensive to you Mrjingles_23, but just confused as to where my post is, because I know your reference to button mashers was directed at my initial post mentioning that at times I would just press the button to skip convo's (note I dont button mash, I like my controllers :rolleyes:).
It started with me saying something along the lines of, I'm going to try and leave some side-quests for the 2nd/3rd play through so theres still some surprises, instead of doing everything the 1st time round then the 2nd/3rd time through I'm like (as I said above) :zzz:, periodically pressing the button to get to the next section of text. I think I also mentioned that I tend not to bother with some of the side-quests after I 1st do them because its then apparent theres no need, i.e you dont need all the heart containers to finish the game, so I dont wana be looking around for five heart pieces per container.

Someone tell me they saw that post please and that its not just me, cus I'm sure thats the 2nd post thats disappeard of mine now.

Either way Mrjingles_23 in my initial post about the conversation skipping, I was refering to my return journeys through the game, not my initial one. 1st time through any game for me, I take in as much as possible, and I'm reluctant to move on, and sometimes its because I dont want to see/know what happens next yet in the same way I do, aswell as throughly searching the area as much as possible. I will even save my game to make sure, then if I accidently step into a story-inspired area, i.e. the place where the cut-scene takes place so you cant go back to what you was doing, I will reset and make a mental note of who not to talk to or where not to go, so I can search more before moving on. Its weird, its cus I'm excited I finaly got the damn game after hearing about it for a year and half (thats how it is for most games nowadays, you hear about em upto 2 years before its f@!#in release n your just waitin n waitin).

I do remember something like that, but don't worry, no offence taken! I actually was referring to someone who had said they read fast, I don't think that was you, but I may be wrong...I'm just a weirdo, and I watch cutscenes and listen to text all the time (unless they're instructions I've read before) in every playthrough, because especially in the case of cutscenes, they are epic and I love to watch detail in case they add something enriching to the plot.

And in the way I play it, its kind of odd... I have my main adventure..no matter what, I will never delete the first file I play...no matter what...my pokemon silver file? Never deleted once! I will then start a new file after the main story is done in that one, and play it. Any secrets I find in the new playthrough I'll add to the first one, and so on and so on...the first one is just special, and you never want to delete it...lol, it marks the first time you played it...lol, I'm so weird like that

i like red everything and my friends get really anoyed at that they just say:"Skip the F***in text already!!" and "You actually read all this???"
but really i dont explore the overworld much only dungeons cause i hate gettin stuck!! But at the start of WW there is a lot of crap to read that is anoying cause u can't skip it!! soooo much crap about the legend and so on and "teachin u to do rolls and stuff! we already F***in no how to do that now can we skip this???? (sorta like the start of banjo-kazzooie u got to choose to take the tutorial or not) but eh? watta ya gunna do about it?

My friends get anyoed that on sleepovers when its late and where still up playin that i flick the control stick to fast in Super Smash and it goes "click really loudly but thats just cause i smash attack nearly every single attack

wao in one post i mentioned three games.

Back