How sad is it if you're stuck at the beginning?

Breech said:
Just got the game and figured everything out on my own but 2.5 hours in and still no fish hooked for the cat. I read countless threads about how to do it, but nothing will bite. Some one please tell me the rest of the game is not like this. If I wanted to spend a few hours fishing, I would have gone out with friends in a boat, not play my Wii.

Throw the bobber in the water by the cat, bob it up and down a little bit, when it sinks out of view pull back and you should have a fish on, but there is never anything but empty hook.
Any suggestions?

Well it has been aswered multible times maybe you just did not find good one for you. Few simple steps.

1. Trow blobber in water and let your wiimote stay in low position. There is no need to jank it up and down.

2. Wait untill blobber goes up and down. I like to wait few time before I pull usually I pull wiimote up on third time blobber goes down.

3. Pull wiimote up and keep it there over your shoulder if yuu like large motions about same angle as you would keep real rod. Now then I don't know if it really counts too much but I try to pull back about middle of top point and bottom point. I think if you wait too long fish is allready loose and if too little it has not taken bait well enough.

Btw after you catch first fish don't trow your wiimote to wall because you can only release fish. Since you need to actually catch 2 fish to get forward. 1st one is to get you smell like fish so cat will come to you and second one is one that will get you forward.

Here's what you need to do.

Climb up the ivy to talk to the guy acrossed the river from the water wheel. Once you are up there, you will have to jump to the two adjoining pedastal like things. There will be more of the grass you can pick, and from there you can see the monkey with the cradle. Send the hawk after the cradle. The rest will fall into place.

Mike

When I started I was stuck too. It's the idea of you have complete the one before you can get to the next one is the part that got me for awhile.

Plus...didn't figure out that I can send the hawk to do things...i thought the hawk was just to look around in the beginning. Like what My God the Wii rock says, it takes a little time to get used to the dev's puzzle mindsets. After you get past that point, everything else is easier.

mjk said:
Here's what you need to do.

Climb up the ivy to talk to the guy acrossed the river from the water wheel. Once you are up there, you will have to jump to the two adjoining pedastal like things. There will be more of the grass you can pick, and from there you can see the monkey with the cradle. Send the hawk after the cradle. The rest will fall into place.

Mike
Ya...he solved it 12 days ago guys...he's covered.

Yeah I know, easiest boss yet after you figure out what to do. I didn't have to refill my hearst once!

Hickeroar said:
I just looked in a guide real quick (which I was trying to avoid) and realized that I used the wrong hawk location for the bees-nest (which still works) and that threw me off. I tried to use the OTHER hawk location for the monkey but couldn't see it from there and that left me stumped. thanks.

I did the same thing, it took me about 3 times climbing on top of the other thing before I saw the grass.

Back