How To Catch The Cat?

You dont catch the cat the catch grabs your fish and splits back home. I did this on accident when trying to catch some big fish. The Hawk grabs the cradle from the monkey and the sling shot knocks down the bee hive. And when you climb up the house with the ladder leading to what looks like a small tower you will some grass. Call the Hawk and have it grab the chicken. THen jump off towards the yellow coin and there you will get around 16 coins.

You can also use the hawk to knock down the bee hive. I personally haven't found said slingshot :p

Back to fishing, did it for an hour, got up and vomited (im pretty sick:p) and then went to sleep. Time for another go.

Its pretty lame being super sick during one of the last week of classes (and I'm being dumb and skipping) but at least i got a Wii :p

gibsonrocker800 said:
ok guys i dont even have the system or game yet, but i saw a video, okay... you have to jump across these platforms sorta near the cat,.. and when u get to the last one, you need to pick up this grass that calls this bird, and you have to aim it across the water at this monkey. and it steals a cradle from him, and you have to give the cradle to a guy who's close to that area. and after that he gives u a fishing pole. go to where the cat is and catch a fish, and then the cat follows you. so go over to where the woman who wants to cat is. she gives you the slingshot.

QFT - This is the exact method to use!

Hope that helps,
Vince

dds said:
Actually for bobber fishing when the bobber goes down flick the wiimote up and circle with the nunchuck

Why would you circle with the nunchuk with the fishing pole that doesn't have a reel lol

lotus said:
You can also use the hawk to knock down the bee hive. I personally haven't found said slingshot :p

Back to fishing, did it for an hour, got up and vomited (im pretty sick:p) and then went to sleep. Time for another go.

Its pretty lame being super sick during one of the last week of classes (and I'm being dumb and skipping) but at least i got a Wii :p

If you havent found the slingshot, then you obviously haven't looked in one of the 4 houses in the area. One is a shop with a fat lady who wants her cat back.

All you do is get the cradle, which will get u the fishing pole, catch 2 fish next to the cat(should take like 2 minutes max) then go back to the shop with 30 rupees and buy the slingshot.

Darn, I still can't get the hang of fishing! Can't get one fish! How do you do it? Any tricks?

in case your still having trouble let me try to sum up the fishing as best as i can.

You dont need any bait.
Go near where the cat is, by the water, and equip your fishing rod.
Cast it with the remote and wait for the beacon or w/e to begin to bob up and down.
Once it goes down all the way and does not come back up, quickly move the remote to the top of the screen, and hold it there. As long as you hold it at the top, you will be pulling the fish out.

Do this twice and the cat will run back home.

hope that fills in any holes that weren't touched upon.

audiodan said:
Darn, I still can't get the hang of fishing! Can't get one fish! How do you do it? Any tricks?
you may not be in the right place. Unless you're on the little dock RIGHT BY THE CAT, you may not catch anything.

The trick to fishing is to watch the bobber. You don't use the Wiimote to force the bobber down. It's just like real fishing. When a fish bites, the bobber will drop down erratically. That's when you yank up on the Wiimote. Keep it held upright and Link will pull the fish in.

Back