How To Get Internet On Wii

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Ive read up on this and still dont quite understand it, and need to know if my situation would allow me to have the internet on my Wii.

I just need to know how to get it really.

My situation is that my Wii is in my bedroom, and well I dont have a computer in there. Would that be a problem? My comp is in my kitchen, so im not sure how it would work.

I need some help, thx in advance!

You basically need a Wireless ADSL modem/router to use the internet. Your Wii will pick up the internet signal from your PC and with a few button presses on the Wii it sets it up for you.

If you dont have a wireless ADSL router:
You need to buy the Wii network adapter and you need to run a network cable from your Wii to the PC in your Kitchen that has the Internet.

Thats the very basics of what you need to do.

ciper said:
How is the computer in the kitchen connecting to the internet?

I guess he spends alot of time in the kitchen??

But its pretty easy as long as you have a wireless router your Wii should be able to hook up.

As long as the distance between the computer area and the Wii is not too great, the Wii should be able to pick up the wireless signal, assuming you have a wireless router.

Jesus look at the noobs swarm in and misunderstand everything and give crappy anwers

Well its high speed, and the reason its in the kitchen is because thats where the main phone line is.

CantGetAWii: So you have DSL in the kitchen and the computer connects directly to the modem with nothing in between? The best solution would be to get a wireless router and put it in between the computer and modem. This would let you share the connection between the computer and the Wii. How many feet and how many walls are between the DSL modem and the Wii?

WiiZero: Your post was the most useless of all, at least the other people are trying to help.

ciper said:
CantGetAWii: So you have DSL in the kitchen and the computer connects directly to the modem with nothing in between? The best solution would be to get a wireless router and put it in between the computer and modem. This would let you share the connection between the computer and the Wii. How many feet and how many walls are between the DSL modem and the Wii?

WiiZero: Your post was the most useless of all, at least the other people are trying to help.

2 walls, but im not sure how many feet, maybe 6 or 7.

ciper said:
7 feet? Thats plenty close! A wireless signal could easily reach the Wii. Does your DSL need a username and password to connect?

No you just turn on the button on the back of the modem to get it working.

Back