how to use the usb ports

I have a battery recharger plugged into mine - holds four AA batteries for the wiimotes.

the external HD wont run as the wii wont have the drivers to make it visible/accessible for you to use.

Enigma01 said the only thing its used for is the cooling station, soon the ethernet adapter will use it, there is a wii keyboard due for release some time, obviously that will use it.

and like krazykirk said you can charge your ipod (or run anything that is simply bus powered.....mug warmers, plug in fans, laptop lights, all the hundreds of random usb gadgets)

help!!!!

im having the same problem as the guy above me, i put the hardware in the usb port and i cant access it eather!?!:yikes: :ciappa: :crazy: :idea: :frown2: :scared::mad2: :confused: :worship:

YOU ARE ALL WRONG. Well not really but you can use it for more than +5V and GND. I plug my MP3 player into it and I am able to play the songs in the background of slideshows in the pictures channel. Actually thats pretty useless now that I think about it.

I've heard that future firmware updates will make the USB ports available for things. I hope it coincides with what SHOULD be an inevitable Music and Video Channel, so that we can stick a flash drive in the back and play files straight off it.

I'm worried about the 2 USB drives in the back because nindendo has a long history of making slots for things that never come out, like the bottom half of the game cube.

Back