Huge ingame spikes

MusicLeaf

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,

i've having a quite big problem lately with my Wii.
I have my wii for some time time (-1,5yrs) and since a few weeks it keeps getting huge spikes.
For example:
I'm playing Guitar hero 5 on my wii, during the middle of the song it stops doing whatever it is and just freezes at the point it was.
The music keeps on playing and after about 15 seconds the game resumes DESYNCED with the sound. The music notes are about 5 seconds further while the music is way up front.
I'm not quite sure what could be the problem here, but it's happening a lot lately and is really frustrating.
Thanks in advance,
MusicLeafzz

tl;dr : Random lag spikes during wii gameplay

Whoa... That's incredibly strange. I've never heard of a complete freeze unfreezing, with desync as a result. I'd imagine that's a problem with either Guitar Hero 5, or your Wii's programming itself. I take it none of your other games are having this problem, since you didn't mention any?

This happens with all my Guitar Hero versions, (3,5,6)
I don't have any other games to test it with since my Wii has dedicated his life to Guitar Hero (a).
I've tried letting the Wii rest, or restarting it etc with no results.
I'm having around 3 freezes of +5-10 sec every 5 minutes.
Do you perhaps have any suggestions that could help me solve the problem?

I know very little about guitar hero and never owned the games myself, so there's not much I personally can say to help... Sorry friend. =(

I would highly suggest you contact nintendo directly by phone, however. I'd imagine they'd have some representatives that'l know plenty of guitar hero, and perhaps an easy way to fix this.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/region_select.jsp

After selecting your country, you'll find the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Best of luck fixing this freezing issue.

Back