Hulu on the Wii

wizlights

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
Has anyone else tried watching videos on the new website Hulu on the Wii? I tried yesterday, got to the site fine, but could not view videos. Thats really too bad if we wont be able to. Its a great site that would be great to watch vids from on my plasma.
Comments???

never heard of the site i just go to youtube that and google videos are like the only videos that work on the wii

You might wanna check out Hulu if you like movies and TV. You Tube is great for home vids, but this site is awesome. Maybe check it out.

That sucks that it doesn't work..anyone know why? It is in flash and the Wii supports flash, right?

TopBoss510 said:
That sucks that it doesn't work..anyone know why? It is in flash and the Wii supports flash, right?

Wii only supports flash 7 and below while hulu use flash 9. Currently Adobe wont let Wii use anything higher than 7.

illmasaki said:
adobe wont?
did really adobe say no to nintendo and opera or are u just guessing?

Adobe has not released and updated version for the Flash SDK for embedded browsers. Opera has already complained about it. The PS3 browser is similarly limited with their Flash capabilities as well.

Here's what the Opera developers said:
Why Flash 7 is used rather than a newer version
It seems that Flash 7 is the latest version available for licensing from Adobe. This means no Flash 9 for platforms not directly supported by Adobe.

Basically, in this case one has to rely on a closed implementation from a single vendor rather than an open standard. That vendor has chosen to prioritize things in a certain way.
(From http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=171703)

If Microsoft was smart this would be a good time for their Silverlight project to take off. If it supported opera/non-pc equipment it would have a good chance to compete with adobe flash.

Adobe has not released and updated version for the Flash SDK for embedded browsers. Opera has already complained about it. The PS3 browser is similarly limited with their Flash capabilities as well.

Here's what the Opera developers said: (From http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=171703)

Actually, the PS3 plays videos from Hulu just fine. It got a patch about 4 months ago that allowed for it.

Actually, the PS3 plays videos from Hulu just fine. It got a patch about 4 months ago that allowed for it.

Yeah, you're night, but when I posted that message it was March 2008, long before the PS3 browser was updated.

Yeah I know of Hulu. They have all the Family Guy and Futurama episode. Too bad.

Back